Attack miss chance and stealth.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Attack miss chance and stealth.

Post by Alex20na » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:05 pm

The first suggestion:
It would be nice to have a miss chance mechanic when you attack or get attacked. Let's say a chaos lord vs an ork warboss fight 1 vs 1, let's say the chaos lord has 50% accuracy, so it would be a 50-50 chance to hit the ork warboss, but you miss it and let's say he gets to hit you with his 30% accuracy. Even tho you got a 50% chance to hit him, you may be "unlucky" and miss 3 times in a row and he might hit you 3 times in a row (pure luck). I feel like this would be a lot more balanced especially in hero vs hero combat, because it's a bit sad that you can deal damage to enemy unit with every attack, it would be a lot cooler to have a dodge, block and miss mechanic, not just damage reduction. It would make the combat a lot more random and unpredictable, not just "Oh, my captain has a 3 levels above your Necron Lord so I'm going to whoop you ass". A miss chance, a dodge chance and a block chance mechanic would be nice.

The second suggestion:
This game lacks stealth. I mean yes, you go by the tabletop rules most of the time and infiltration ignores enemy overwatch, but it would be cool to have...let's say a Lictor unit that you can infiltrate in an enemy city and just lay there without getting detected and you get to see what comes out of that city. Like a trait or an ability for infiltration units, for example, a Lictor is in your city, but you can't see it, the tiles look normal but he isn't visible on the map...however, there is chance that when you move an unit on the same tile near your city where the Lictor is, there is a chance of detection, a chance that he would become visible and you can target him and that would depend on the stealth skills of the infiltration unit and unit detection skill of your unit. Of course, when the Lictor attacks there is also a chance that he might become visible. That would make stealth, assassination and sabotage a lot more fun and more in depth...because just ignoring overwatch doesn't do much when your unit can get surrounded in the next turn and can't escape. I wish to have an assassination unit, kill the enemy hero and be able to hide quickly in the shadows after killing him, not losing that unit immediately after the assassination.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Suggestions”