no sound

rqrd
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: no sound

Post by rqrd »

i was in game and then "alt + tab" to navigate to soundmixer.

the switch for aggressors - rome is missing.

In game the song is playing. (right upper corner) I can stop/ play the song but i don't hear anything.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

rqrd wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:35 pm i was in game and then "alt + tab" to navigate to soundmixer.

the switch for aggressors - rome is missing.

In game the song is playing. (right upper corner) I can stop/ play the song but i don't hear anything.
It is getting more and more interesting (from developer's point of view at least). So basically Windows system didnt identify the game to have sound at all (as far as I understand).

Just from first google searches, can you please try this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 6f8?page=1
If you have that option already checked, please uncheck and check again.

If it doesnt work, please try this:
Right click on volume icon on your taskbar then from right click menu, select "Volume Control Options" then make sure that both checkboxes on top are checked or try re-checking them and also make sure that your default speaker is also checked too then click on OK!

There are also people having similar issues and some suggestions here https://superuser.com/questions/687577/ ... lume-mixer

Please try it. I absolutely understand that it is annoying but it really seems like not an issue of the game itself but some kind of Windows issue. I am happy to take this offline (like Skype, email, etc.) or however you prefer it and what is more comfortable for you but I really need to "cooperate" with you on this issue, because we not only cannot reproduce that but you are pretty much the only two people having this issue.
Thank you!
Pavel
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

Hello Pavel, I think I understood you.
The obvious problem is that the sound slider for the game does not exist in the Soundmixer.
I checked the links with the tips, but did not succeed.

And since this problem only occurs with 2 users, it is likely that the error lies with the user's system.

But the GOG games files are brand new. 2 users have registered. Maybe other users will contact you?

The other side is, all my applications work. The system was installed a month ago. 2 monitors, 1 beamer, 2 sound cards, 2 graphics cards, sometimes 3 simultaneously used graphics outputs, Bluetooth, wireless Logitech mouse, G13 Logitech keyboard, Virtualbox, browser games, installed games, videos, access to Nas - everything :) works.

And now comes a single application, a game, and my system is flawed. (?)
I really can not believe that.

Gladly I try together with you to solve the puzzle, as far as time allows me.

Translated with Google translator. I hope you can understand everything. ;)

Best Regards
Ralf
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi rqrd,
I am absolutely not trying to blame your system:) I am really just trying to figure out where lies the issue. It probably is the configuration of your PC but it doesnt mean that the PC is somehow corrupted. It might be the combination of hardware or some kind of software switch.

Too bad that none of those solutions worked for you. I will keep investigating this issue for sure.

In a meanwhile, could you please try one more thing - run the game as admin?
I will keep you updated once I find any particular reason why it would not work.
Pavel
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi again,
would you be able to help out to analyze the issue? Basically we would send you one file (the same file you already have for starting the game) which will have additional logging, you start the game, try to play music in the game and send us the log file?
It would help us a lot to narrow the issue.
We would basically log that the game actually plays the sound correctly but it somehow doesnt get into the system audio driver?
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

Hi good day, yes ofcourse i try to help if i can. How get the file?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

rqrd wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:53 pm Hi good day, yes ofcourse i try to help if i can. How get the file?
Hi,
thank you very much for your willing to help. The file is here https://aggressors-game.com/download/Ag ... nd.exe.zip
Just unpack it and replace the same file in your installation folder (as far as I remember you have Slitherine version which should be here C:\Program Files\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome\ (please create backup of initial Aggressors.exe file so you can overwrite it back once done).
Once you start the game, check that all checkboxes in "Game settings"->"Sounds" are turn on, start the game, switch couple of music songs and exit.

In this folder C:\ProgramData\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome\ you find "aggressors.log". Please forward it to info@kubat-software.com
Aggressors.log is overwritten on every start, so please send it before you start a new game with the initial Aggressors.exe file.

Thank you!
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

is that a steam file?

at startup it opens my steam account and goes to the game description in the library.

I then disabled the Internet, started the file as an admin and followed your instructions.

But i can't find the logfile.
----------------------------------------------
Ok now i have got the lofile..

\Aggressors Ancient Rome\ProgrammData\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome

is the path, i hope it is the right file, i will send you
Attachments
no_logfile.zip
(148.91 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by rqrd on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

rqrd wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pmis that a steam file?
Ahh yes, sorry it is a steam file. I forgot to disable it. I am sorry about that.

The log is not in the actual Program files folder but here C:\ProgramData\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome\
If you already replaced the file with the original one, please overwrite it again, run once and send me the aggressors.log.
Thank you very much!
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

ups i have send a empty file ;)...
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

the only logfile i can find is in path:

but this file is empty.

I will try to reinstall the game in standard path and then testing
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

rqrd wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:36 pm the only logfile i can find is in path:

but this file is empty.

I will try to reinstall the game in standard path and then testing
Ok, please dont forget to override the exe file once reinstalled.
Actually one more thing to try - can you run the game as admin? I just want to avoid any issues with access denied (which can cause that the file is empty).
Thank you for your help. I know it is annoying, but once I get the log file I am sure we will pretty quickly sort this out.
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

So why this game does not work properly on my existing otherwise error free system is not finding out.

However, on the same hardware with a freshly installed Win7 64bit with sp1, chipset and graphics drivers, the game runs flawlessly.

Thanks for the time and effort and apology for the stolen time ...
AnthonyJAttard
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by AnthonyJAttard »

I replaced the aggressors.exe file with the one you made available and followed your instructions.

The aggressors.log file was in C:\ProgramData\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome
My game is installed in E:\GogInternal\Aggressors Ancient Rome
Find attached the log file.

Using Process Hacker I could find no modules or threads refering to any sound or music resources or DLLs (DSound, Creative Audio).
The log file has a line referencing c:\ drive as the game directory but other references to music (mp, wav) files referenced the correct path...

10:19:53: C:\GOG Games\Aggressors Ancient Rome\bin\Mods\ancient_rome\Sounds\Music\Here_To_Forever.mp3 is about to play
10:19:53: player volume 0.5
10:19:53: has audio False
10:19:53: has audio False
10:19:53: no natural duration
Attachments
aggressors.zip
Game Log File
(16.77 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
rqrd

Post by rqrd »

Hi all, now i 've found out the reason for the error.

You must install the windows media player! lol

reproducible

install_path_german.jpg
install_path_german.jpg (79.17 KiB) Viewed 4887 times
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

hi rqrd,
I am happy that you solved this out and even more that you found the cause.
Enjoy the game!

Btw. you can now start using the original exe file (no reason to have that logging in there anymore)
Last edited by pavelk on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi AnthonyJAttard,
can you please try the same as rqrd did?
I am pretty sure that it will be the same issue.

Please let me know if that helped.
AnthonyJAttard

Post by AnthonyJAttard »

Yes that did the trick. Windows 10 hides is under Optional Features and it's not installed by default.
Now the game sounds great and looks great!

Thank you for you help and persistence!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi AnthonyJAttard,
thats a great news that this sorted this out for you as well.
Have fun!

Return to “Aggressors: Tech Support”