Muromachi Japanese

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

tamerlan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Muromachi Japanese

Post by tamerlan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:05 pm

For each BG of detached buchi you have to field a BG of detached followers; ¿do the bowmen figthing behind standing shields count as such? (as a BG of detached followers).

On the other hand, as I am thinking about taking this army, ¿how is it usually made up, with all the detached bushi as cavalry?

Thanks in advance

bertalucci
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Muromachi Japanese

Post by bertalucci » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:57 am

"For each BG of detached Bushi you have to field a BG of detached followers; Do the bowmen figthing behind standing shields count as such?"

My reading of this is no because they have been given their own maximum & minimun.

"How is it usually made up, with all the detached bushi as cavalry?"

Some of the extreme options are:
4x4 Bushi Cavalry - expensive after you have bought all the yari armed foot, but gives you a good mobile arm
2x6 Bushi Foot & 1x4 Bushi Cavalry - still quite expensive - possibly the worst option as the cavalry will end up unsupported
2x4 Bushi Cavalry, 1x8 Bushi Foot - Not bad but you will still need to watch out for the cavalry getting lost
2x8 Bushi Foot - and make the followers Average, gives a strong punch to the line, and don't forget medium foot still move quite quickly

I really love how these armies paint up but the list (loads of average medium foot troops) makes for nervous games.
It's all too easy to get the cavalry separated from the foot and then they get mobbed more often than not.
The superior Bushi foot does add a bit of reliable backbone but you still need to keep them supported.
To be honest I'm still trying out the options and haven't yet tried using the poor troops as I have always upgraded them so far.

Not an army for the faint hearted

tamerlan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tamerlan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 am

As I was going with poor followers, I migth as well take 2 x4 Cv plus 2 x 6 Mf.

Return to “Army Design”