Hellenistic Greek allies

A forum for any questions relating to army design, the army companion books and upcoming lists.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Intothevalley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Hellenistic Greek allies

Post by Intothevalley » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm putting together an Achaean Hellenistic Greek army (post 208 AD), and am considering taking an 'internal' Hellenistic Greek ally general. That will oblige me to have at least 6 thureophoroi with the ally general, the minimum given in the allied list for Hellenistic Greek. However, since I'm using Achaeans as my 'parent' list, am I also obliged to take the *minimum 8 pike as part of the ally contingent even if the ally general is not Achaean? I ask as in the army list notes it states that items marked with a * apply if the army C-in-C is of that origin, but doesn't explicitly mention if it applies to allied generals not of the same origin.

Thanks for your help!

gozerius
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Hellenistic Greek allies

Post by gozerius » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 am

The asterisk in the ally list applies to the nationality of the allied contingent, not the CinC's nationality. The pertinent reference is the 4th bullet on page 54. The second bullet, which you mention, applies only to the main nationality of the army.
Thracians
Classical Indians
Medieval
-Germans (many flavors), Danes, Low Countries
Burgundians
In progress - Later Hungarians, Grand Moravians

Intothevalley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Hellenistic Greek allies

Post by Intothevalley » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks for your response - all's clear now!

Return to “Army Design”