Declared winner-game continues

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Declared winner-game continues

Post by desertedfox »

In the multiplayer game Hold the Line, I have achieved an auto victory and received the victory picture etc.

Previously when this happened I am sure the game just ended. Now it not only continues I am unable to leave the game and let the AI take over.
Screen_00000000.jpg
Screen_00000000.jpg (627.41 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Declared winner-game continues

Post by desertedfox »

It's okay, the game finally finished. Not sure why it went an extra turn.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

It's an erratic bug indeed.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Hyding
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hyding »

I like the extra turn. It gives an opportunity for chat and comments after the game. I'm not sure if the winner can change if the numbers change enough to invalidate the auto victory in that extra turn.
Hyding
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hyding »

My previous experiences with this problem resolved after one or two extra turn between a player reaching the victory threshold and the victory being announced and the game ending.

Currently I am in a game where an opponent has achieved victory quite a few turns ago and the game still has not acknowledged it. How long can this go on??.......Are we fated to be forced to play several turns past a decision or just quitting??

if the game runs through all of its turns will the end of game victory screen appear properly?? I mean anyone still in the game will know the score but it is nice to take a screen shot.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

How many opponents do you have? Does a complete turn has been made past victory?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Hyding
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hyding »

Excuse the delay.....
There are 5 players that remain active. 10 others have gone idle.

There have been several complete turns since the leader got a legacy lead greater than 3 times that of the second place player.

The problem may be that we are only at turn 95.

I thought the manual stated that automatic victory could be achieved after 50 turns but the leader has stated in game chat that it will not happen until after turn 100.

Sorry for the confusion but maybe it was informative to some. at least a few of us in the game found this new information.

The following text does appear in Section 8.3 of the manual on page 100.

Alternatively, once the game progresses beyond turn 50, the game
can be won at any stage if one power has three times the legacy of its
nearest rival.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Ah, that's right, this is 100 in the main campaign. It might be that it was 50 in the initial game release and then pushed to 100. That's a necessity somehow, as otherwise some easy gambles can be enough to rake up in legacy and win the game. Gambles that are not viable on a long term basis (can involves making amphibious landing to grab wonders or powerful regions for a few turns).

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”