Too much of a bad thing?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Too much of a bad thing?

Post by stormbringer3 »

I like to play Remarkable and Other Factions. When I start one of these, most times the negative impediments surrounding them are overwhelming. Sometimes I have to restart 10+ times until I can get impediments that will give my Faction a reasonable starting chance. Is there any chance that a future patch can lessen them a little at startup? I'm not looking to do away with them completely. I've been playing this game for years and it's one of my all time favorites.
Thanks.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Too much of a bad thing?

Post by Pocus »

Your best bet would be to tweak by yourself the script that add impediments... It's in Events.bsf, function Events_TriggerAtStart(scenarioID)

I would suggest for a quick fix changing the 20 to a 5 here

Code: Select all

// 'Civilized' WF (Latin, Hispanic, German, Greek)
				if ( (ownerID == $ID_FAC_INL|| ownerID == $ID_FAC_INH) ||(ownerID == $ID_FAC_ING || ownerID == $ID_FAC_INK) )
				{
					chance = 5 + DivideAndRound(chance * 125, 100);
				}
				else
				{
					chance = 20 + DivideAndRound(chance * 150, 100);					
				}
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, I do not have any idea on how to do what you recommended. My computer literacy is quite low.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

stormbringer3, to do as suggested, go to your games main directory.
Open the 'data' folder & then the 'scripts' folder.
There you will find a file named 'Ethnic.bsf'.
Using 'notepad++' (highly recommended) or notepad, open that file making sure to CLICK OFF the checkmark where it says "Always use this app to open"

Do a 'Search' & 'Find' for the word Civilized & that will take you to the part of that file (happens to be near the top) where you can edit what was suggested.

My file looks like this & not sure if this is the only place that will resolve your issue.

// 'Civilized' WF (Hellenic, Italiotes, Indians, Semitic)
if ( (ownerID == $ID_FAC_NEH || ownerID == $ID_FAC_NEI) ||(ownerID == $ID_FAC_NEN || ownerID == $ID_FAC_NES) )
{
chance = 5 + DivideAndRound(chance * 125, 100);
}
else
{
chance = 20 + DivideAndRound(chance * 150, 100);
}

Always work with a backed up file for safety. :)
Last edited by eddieballgame on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Don't be frightened by the cabalistic writing ... We are talking about editing text files! :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”