Pocus - Medieval Empires?!?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Re: Pocus - Medieval Empires?!?

Post by Mord »

vaalen wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:34 pm Ah, thank you, Mord. You made my day!

Regards,

vaalen
I made my own day because I had no idea (only hope) that the FoG II: Medieval dlc was gonna be apart of the stream. I only found out a few hours ago. And for clarity the dlc doesn't count toward the four new projects.

And you are welcome. Keep your fingers crossed that Medieval gets its campaign game tomorrow. I am 80% confident it will.

https://imgur.com/0xo78NU

Mord.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Mord wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:07 pm
vaalen wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:34 pm Ah, thank you, Mord. You made my day!

Regards,

vaalen
I made my own day because I had no idea (only hope) that the FoG II: Medieval dlc was gonna be apart of the stream. I only found out a few hours ago. And for clarity the dlc doesn't count toward the four new projects.

And you are welcome. Keep your fingers crossed that Medieval gets its campaign game tomorrow. I am 80% confident it will.

https://imgur.com/0xo78NU

Mord.
Mord, I just remembered that the first Field of Glory Empires was announced at the same event a few years ago. If my memory is accurate, that bodes well for your theory.

Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed, and I can hardly wait to find out tomorrow.

Vaalen
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Mord wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:26 pm Four new projects will be announced tomorrow during the Home of Wargamers Live on Twitch. My guess is Medieval Empires or whatever it's gonna be called (maybe Kingdoms?) will be one of them.
Unless I missed it, it was not announced. Had my hopes up when I saw that chariots race teaser for a game which is "coming soon", but unfortunately Creative Forge Games is not Ageod :? (What game is that anyway? seems like the Roman era)
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
Mord

Post by Mord »

primevalangel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:17 pm
Unless I missed it, it was not announced. Had my hopes up when I saw that chariots race teaser for a game which is "coming soon", but unfortunately Creative Forge Games is not Ageod :? (What game is that anyway? seems like the Roman era)
I was sure the last announcement was gonna be it. I guessed wrong. Sorry I got your guy's hopes up.

Mord.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

primevalangel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:17 pm
Mord wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:26 pm Four new projects will be announced tomorrow during the Home of Wargamers Live on Twitch. My guess is Medieval Empires or whatever it's gonna be called (maybe Kingdoms?) will be one of them.
I cannot even begin to express how disappointed I am about this. I feel betrayed, my enthusiasm for this upcoming game crushed. I could say much more, but it would merely express anger and deep disappointment. If it is not going to be published next year, then when?

Mord, it should have been announced. You were right to get our hopes up, as it makes no sense for them not to announce it. The fault for this is not yours. I have always appreciated your posts, and hope they will continue.

Regards,

Vaalen
Mord

Post by Mord »

primevalangel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:17 pm Had my hopes up when I saw that chariots race teaser for a game which is "coming soon", but unfortunately Creative Forge Games is not Ageod :? (What game is that anyway? seems like the Roman era)
I am hoping (and DROOLING) that it's Qvadriga II!

vaalen wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:38 pm Mord, it should have been announced. You were right to get our hopes up, as it makes no sense for them not to announce it. The fault for this is not yours. I have always appreciated your posts, and hope they will continue.

Regards,

Vaalen
I appreciate it but I still felt bad. I sent you a PM that should cheer you up a bit though.

Mord.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I'm sorry about your deep disappointment Vaalen! The game is rather ambitious and so an announcement would have been premature. Not that the project can be cancelled or is not in a good shape, but once you announce something, the process is to release regularly diaries and screenshots and that's a bit too early for that.
But don't despair, first I think the game will be at least as good as Empires and second, I believe we are just a few months from beta, and so you'll know at least the subject at this time, with probably an official forum.

It takes time to do things right :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
grahamed
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by grahamed »

Hey Pocus, thanks for the update, sounds good, i am sure many of us would be interested in beta testing the new game, hope the development goes well over the winter
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Pocus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:10 am I'm sorry about your deep disappointment Vaalen! The game is rather ambitious and so an announcement would have been premature. Not that the project can be cancelled or is not in a good shape, but once you announce something, the process is to release regularly diaries and screenshots and that's a bit too early for that.
But don't despair, first I think the game will be at least as good as Empires and second, I believe we are just a few months from beta, and so you'll know at least the subject at this time, with probably an official forum.

It takes time to do things right :D
Thank you for the update, Pocus. You have resolved my worries about the game, and I am no longer upset. I had feared that it would never be, and you have made it clear that the game needs further work before it can be announced. It also helped immensely that you gave an estimate on when the game will reach Beta.

Field of Glory 2 Empires, is easily the best game ever published by Slitherine, and one of the best games ever published by anyone.
Since its release, I have played it more than all the rest of my many games together. It is always fresh, always exciting, and the system creates many challenges at different points of the game. There is simply nothing else like it, and I am confident that the game you are working on will be even better.

I fully support your taking the time to do the game right, and I regret my emotional outburst. But I am glad that you clarified what is actually happening.

Regards,

Vaalen
timewind
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by timewind »

Merci beaucoup for the update! I was so disappointed when there was no announcement about new game but you raised my spirits again.
I also think that FoG:E is one of the best strategy I've ever played and it's a prove that AGEod is very much alive, even after Philippe Thibaut leaving.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks TimeWind, much appreciated!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Yggdrassil
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Yggdrassil »

Pocus wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:46 pm Subject not disclosed yet :wink:

Message edited on January the 4th 2022 with this mysterious word: TFE71.
I guess nobody noticed this mysterious addition to Pocus' post....

TFE71?! :?:

I wonder what that could mean....

71 could be a year?

TFE? Acronym for a conflict or war?
mustardtiger5
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by mustardtiger5 »

Ah, it's not going to be High Middle Ages is it? Given the previous hint about sails and "TFE71" likely referring to a username on Nexus uploading a mod for Anno 1800, the next game is unlikely to be paired with FoG: Medieval?
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

Let's use our powers of deduction.

TFE = The Fall of Empires.
The numbers 7 and 1 refer to 700 to 1000 AD.

Hence: the next game will be Field of Glory: The Fall of Empires (700 AD to 1000 AD).
Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Swuul »

Googling for tfe71, the first image that pops up is this:

And there was the mentioning of sails before. Could we be on board if we assumed the next game is about napoleonic naval warfare?
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

a game during the napoleonic period would be great, but there isnt any game similar to fog2 to export the battles for the time period.
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

So, how did this turn out?
And medieval DLC for what game?

I've definitely been wondering about a Medieval FOG-E.
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

gaius21 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:15 am a game during the napoleonic period would be great, but there isnt any game similar to fog2 to export the battles for the time period.
... for now.

Besides, was there any official announcement stating that there would necessarily be a fog2 game to export the battles from the next Ageod game ?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

TFE71 has nothing to do with the subject of the next game guys, sorry! :D

It was a secret call sign acting as a proof I was who I'm, for an Anno 1800 modder. Nothing related to my Slitherine activity :lol:
grahamed

Post by grahamed »

Pocus wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:23 am TFE71 has nothing to do with the subject of the next game guys, sorry! :D

It was a secret call sign acting as a proof I was who I'm, for an Anno 1800 modder. Nothing related to my Slitherine activity :lol:
Hey Pocus , great why to start a ripple in the rumour mill! Still at least it shows there are many of us eager to see a medieval empires or should it be kingdoms.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”