Province sharing food/infra

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Regn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Province sharing food/infra

Post by Regn »

Dear all,

I'm with my first game with the celtiber and I have some questions about how the province share the food and infra.

The manual said:

"If a region has a surplus of food or infrastructure points, it will share up to 50% of current production and 15% of anything that is stockpiled."

So, Is possible have a region that have production of 50 food with 15 people (50-30=+20). That region will help the province with? How many food? 25 or 10?

I have seen region with final production of food in "+" but they are not growing. At the exemple at the top, if the region is sharing 25 but he needs 30 is for that the region is not growing?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you for your answers
Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Province sharing food/infra

Post by Swuul »

Not sure I understood the question right, but I'll see if I did get it.

A region will share food to other regions in the province if the other region(s) in the province are short of food, up to 50% of the production and up to 15% of the stockpiled. Own region population however has first rights to food first, so that own region population is not starving.

In your example, the region produces 50 food and has a population of 15. It means they can share up to 25 food per turn to other regions in the province, which still leave 15 food the own population, and 10 food moved to stockpile. Notice however that you may have other conditions in effect that use food, which could mean less than 10 food gets moved to stockpile, and also remember residing troops (armies are like locusts, they eat food first, and the civilians get food only if the army doesn't eat up all) and possible raids on the region will use up food. Notice that armies (friendly and hostile) eating up food in other regions of the province also may cause more food needed to that region from the other regions of the province.

Then, if your other regions in the province still are short of food, up to 15% food is removed from the regions stockpile. You didn't spesifically mention how big the stockpile was, although I am understanding from your wording a stockpile of 30 would be needed to grow the population. Let us say the region had at the start of the turn a stockpile of 10 food, which then had 10 more food added to the stockpile this turn, and the new stockpile would thus be 20 food. If the other regions in the province need food, up to 15% of that 20 is moved to help the food-shortage, thus up to 3 food would be moved from the stockpile. Thus at the end of the turn the new stockpile would be 17 food, which isn't enough to grow the region if it needs 30 food to grow.

Hopefully I did understand your question right, and the answer is what you are looking for :)
Last edited by Swuul on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
Regn

Re: Province sharing food/infra

Post by Regn »

First of all thank you so much for the answer.

With your comments and looking more the number at the game i can made some numbers and i understand better why my +25 food region are not growing.

Now I think I understand better the numbers.

Thank you

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”