Just curious: What is the better scenario and why?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MarkShot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Just curious: What is the better scenario and why?

Post by MarkShot » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 am

I have played 5 times already (I am not counting FOG2 which I have played many more times independently).

All my games were with the original campaign.

I have yet to play with the DLC campaign.

I probably am going to play as Rome (experienced) this my first time out with 1.3.3 (last was 1.1.0).

I am curious which people feel is the better (more fun & challenge) campaign? Original (1.3.3) or DLC (1.3.3)? And why?

Thank you.

Surt

Re: Just curious: What is the better scenario and why?

Post by Surt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 am

The Persian DLC feels more difficult (unless you play Persia ... in which case its a cake-walk), it is a challenge to stop or out legacy Persia winning without cheating (using the diplomacy to buy its victory provinces). The main problem is the very short game only 216 turns vs 500 turns.

Gray Fox
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Gray Fox » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:39 am

Surt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 am
The Persian DLC feels more difficult (unless you play Persia ... in which case its a cake-walk), it is a challenge to stop or out legacy Persia winning without cheating (using the diplomacy to buy its victory provinces). The main problem is the very short game only 216 turns vs 500 turns.
Yes, the AI doesn't use diplomacy like I do, or region development, or army composition, or unit training, or naval tactics, or anything else. I guess I just cheat because I have a brain. But hey, I'm not going to report that post, so I guess I'm not so bad after all.
;)
Last edited by Gray Fox on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players

Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 am

MarkShot wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 am
I probably am going to play as Rome (experienced) this my first time out with 1.3.3 (last was 1.1.0).
Thank you.
If you play as Rome in the DLC scenario you won't be able to upgrade to empire, not that there is anything wrong with being a glorious republic.

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:49 am

Well, I am playing as Rome in the original to feel out the changes. I had to abandon my last 1.1.0 game dues to bugs with client states. So now, after 1.3.3, I am back.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:20 am

You can play the base campaign with the extra DLC content of impediments and regional decisions in any case. If you want a challenge, play Rome in Difficult or greater difficulty.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Fieswurst
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Fieswurst » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:21 am

I like the shorter time period of the dlc campaign. I also like the two focus factions Athens and sparta a lot. I would love a new szenario with a smaller map.

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:32 am

I started my very first Empires game resolving all my battled in FOG2.

Why?

* I bought the bundle.

* Cool concept.

* I like FOG2.

Alas, I concluded I would not live long enough to see Rome glory in its legacy, because I am already old and don't have 500 years!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”