My first v1.3.3+DLC game ???

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MarkShot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

My first v1.3.3+DLC game ???

Post by MarkShot » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:45 pm

I am playing the original scenario (experienced) as Rome.

I played quite a few games as Rome with v1.1.0.

I must say that my current game at turn 104 looks nothing like prior games. It might just be random chance, but:

(1) The Diadochi which normally dominate early and then grow huge are really lagging the pack. Carthage was the original legacy leader, but soon fell behind Rome.

(2) I feel that the AI has been less aggressive against Rome (less likely to pile on), and Rome has grown steadily.

(3) Carthage which I intended to fight for Sicily, blew up in a shower of sparks and civil war as soon as I made my move.

Of course, there are still 400 more years. But usually, I ended up playing come from behind against Alexander's children, and have to sabotage 1-2 of them to put Rome in the legacy lead.

So, has anyone else found v1.3.3 vs v1.1.0 playing a very different game?

Thanks.

Surt

Re: My first v1.3.3+DLC game ???

Post by Surt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:19 pm

On the other hand AI Rome grows gradually, but doesn't seem to want to take on Carthage after a certain time. But has a tendency to go north and then nearly stops expanding. They attacked me twice with no result then not anymore, once I grew bored and attacked them they fought on for a short time, made peace, next time the became a client of Macedon, which absorbed them after the war ended.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: My first v1.3.3+DLC game ???

Post by Pocus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:32 am

Games are very different from one another, from test runs, it can vary a lot. You were perhaps lucky, or unlucky, by having too many stars aligned to your benefit.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”