Resource question

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Resource question

Post by Chris0War »

Hi,

currently in to my first eight hours of empires and this left me with a couple of questions.

first, the manual states that any good is unlimited tradeable, so to my understanding, one clay pit is enough to provide for all of the brickmakers in the entire empire?
this applies to all of the military structures to in a province too, that much i understand, i did wonder if multiple baracks will provide a stacking 10% drill bonus?
the food availability for a province, it will only help with ensuring a stable population in one of the area's belonging to a province if i would cut all food resource buildings not providing growth?
and last some of the armies i currently field as Kolchis have quite the versatile setup with different types of mercenaries and all, if i export this army to fog 2 i noticed that most specialized medium infantry reforms into the standard medium foot stack and the mercenary archer unit reforms to something unarmored ( stacked archers ) not being able to use as empire states those guys can be used. From other battles in fog 2 i know those unit types more or less exist through the available army compositions. Are these fog 2 reformations by choice? or will they appear with the right DLC?

Best regards,

Chris War
WingedIncubus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Resource question

Post by WingedIncubus »

Chris 'o war wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am Hi,

currently in to my first eight hours of empires and this left me with a couple of questions.

first, the manual states that any good is unlimited tradeable, so to my understanding, one clay pit is enough to provide for all of the brickmakers in the entire empire?
Not the whole empire, but it will provide for all provinces within a certain range. So, if you hold a bigger empire you'll need clay pits in different areas.

Also, even if you have a clay pit but other empires have one as well, depending on your Trade Acumen they may go to these facitilies for supply instead if it'd be more advantageous.
Gray Fox
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Gray Fox »

A military structure in a province capital grants full benefit. You can have up to three of the same building in regions in that province and gain half of the benefit from each of these.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

WingedIncubus wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm
Chris 'o war wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am Hi,

Not the whole empire, but it will provide for all provinces within a certain range. So, if you hold a bigger empire you'll need clay pits in different areas.

Also, even if you have a clay pit but other empires have one as well, depending on your Trade Acumen they may go to these facitilies for supply instead if it'd be more advantageous.
Oke, yea i thought i noticed this in the ledger. atm it is still more of a struggle.

Would you also happen to know what exactly is asked of you if there is a request from the king to have 6 military buildings before proceeding to war. At first i thought that i would need to build 6 military structures, but this did not finish the assignment. Also after checking i counted 7 military buildings in the capital so i'm a bit lost how to proceed with this assignment
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

Gray Fox wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm A military structure in a province capital grants full benefit. You can have up to three of the same building in regions in that province and gain half of the benefit from each of these.
Oke that is useful to know, thank you

Would you also happen to know what exactly is asked of you if there is a request from the king to have 6 military buildings before proceeding to war. At first i thought that i would need to build 6 military structures, but this did not finish the assignment. Also after checking i counted 7 military buildings in the capital so i'm a bit lost how to proceed with this assignment

( sorry for the double post but i'm a bit in a bind on this one, i need my war! )
Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for that problem.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

Gray Fox wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 pm Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for that problem.
In the end i decided on declaring war and that was the whole solution to the problem. I'm still not very sure if this quest demands the building of 6 new military buildings or that owning 6 buildings is enough, that will have to wait until the next time i receive that particular assignment.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”