Automatic balancing POPs.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Surt
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Automatic balancing POPs.

Post by Surt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 pm

I have tried out automatic pop control in provinces, but at least in some cases its not good, actually its bad. The problem is when no structures are being build, everything above zero is just going into the 35% deterioration of stored infra. So if no buildings are being build the ratio for infra productions should be severely lowered.
NubiaBalanced.JPG
NubiaBalanced.JPG (79.16 KiB) Viewed 187 times
The problem might be easily solved by some code like

if (NumStructCurBuild == 0)
lowerInfra
else if (NumStructCurBuild > 0.5 * regions)
incInfra

Next potential improvement is that regions with production is the first to get infra pops.

The next potential improvement is a bit more difficult is to produce the rest of all 4 resources where there is most bonus on them.

DSP3000
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Automatic balancing POPs.

Post by DSP3000 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 pm

It’s a limit of game AI. AI isn’t really good in any 4x strategy game because it doesn’t have foresight.

The simple fix would be a build queue and a min/max line on Pop allocation.

Personally I try to mitigate my empire micromanagement by focusing on infrastructure and putting the long builds on my territories far away from the frontlines. Just dismantle all war buildings because with enough infra you can be ready to build an army long before you may need it in that province

If I use my internal territories for troops I put it in to ships because they can move fast

Surt

Post by Surt » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 am

The first part should be really easy to fix, as it just need to check if anything is being build, and if not lower infra production.
Same for the 2nd, the distribution over the regions should start with the province actually producing.
The rest might be a little more difficult.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am

Good point I guess, that the number of structures currently build should also influence infra allocation, and not just current upkeep. Noted!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”