question or sugg : initiative rating for generals ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

kokkorhekkus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

question or sugg : initiative rating for generals ?

Post by kokkorhekkus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:55 pm

I don't Know if an initative value is attached to each leader to explain who is the defender and who the attacker. It could be a third characteristic with attack and defense ? I don't understand if terrain or what other factors contribute to define who is attacker and who is defender too...

what a game indeed !

kokkorhekkus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: question or sugg : initiative rating for generals ?

Post by kokkorhekkus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 pm

storeylf in a post about attacker/defender , have a good idea... :

I can mod empires to change this, here is what I was pondering, it may go some way to what you were after, but isn't the same logic. It still leaves open the possibility of a general fighting the wrong battle, but hopefully less so in some cases.

Work out which general has the advantage.
This will be the one who has best overall rating, so a 1-1 = 2, a 0-2 = 2 etc
The person who didn't move gets +1 (they have an edge for being first there)
The person who owns the region gets +1 (they have an edge from knowledge, locals etc)

The general with the advantage will choose what they are best at (without regard to the enemy, cos unbalanced generals are sure of themselves) or if they are balanced the worst the enemy is at (a balanced general will consider the enemy), if still a tie go with the standard current logic

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”