Elephants.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stormbringer3
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Elephants.

Post by stormbringer3 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:46 pm

I've haven't been a fan of using them, spend money and then watch them die. Perhaps I don't know how to use them properly. The latest patch has made some changes to them. Are they more worthwhile to use now?
Thanks for any opinions about elephants.

vaalen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Elephants.

Post by vaalen » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 pm

stormbringer3 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:46 pm
I've haven't been a fan of using them, spend money and then watch them die. Perhaps I don't know how to use them properly. The latest patch has made some changes to them. Are they more worthwhile to use now?
Thanks for any opinions about elephants.
I think they are more worthwhile now. I had given up on them, for the reasons you mentioned. But the AI offered me four Indian war elephants for a very reasonable price in Metal, so I gave them a try. I put them in an experimental army and made sure they would be backed by archers. This gave them a combat factor of eleven when attacking, which is quite impressive. They did very well, especially when attacking. And they did not die in the first battle, but usually survived them.

They are still a bit fragile, and two of the four died in battles which I won. But I think they are definitely better than before.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”