Persian Victory in 550 BC Campaign Frustrating

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Persian Victory in 550 BC Campaign Frustrating

Post by w_michael »

When, as Syracuse on the Difficult level in the 550 BC Campaign, I conquer Carthage and gobble up half of Italia it is frustrating to end the game with a Persian victory in 300 BC. I will play on to see what I can achieve, but as a nation in the Western Mediterranean, there is no way to stop a Persian victory. Persians may have Legacy, but I have tenacity.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
SuitedQueens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Persian Victory in 550 BC Campaign Frustrating

Post by SuitedQueens »

This is not true. See how I stopped Carthage in my Burgundi Suicidal Difficulty AAR on turn 52. You can do the same to Persia even easier.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Without resorting to the trick of SuitedQueens :wink: the things you have to understand in this campaign is that you just can't play it with your own progression in mind, you have to actively scheme and plan to hamper and then cripple Persia.

Admittedly this is harder for a western med nation, because the DLC is centered on the oriental part of the map.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

While I appreciate that it is possible to prevent Persia from getting an automatic victory by playing ahistoricaly, it seems artificial.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”