When will the next game in this series be announced?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

When will the next game in this series be announced?

Post by vaalen »

I want to know when the next game in this magnificent series will be announced. We all know Pocus has been working on it for a long time.

The wait is quite frustrating. FOG Empires is a masterpiece game, and i really want to play the next game in the series.

If this delay in the announcement is a marketing strategy, it is having the opposite effect on me. In fact, I find that my willingness to even read announcements about other Slitherine games is waning.

I feel that those of us who are really interested in the next game in the series are being ignored. Requests for this information have been made before. And ignored.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: When will the next game in this series be announced?

Post by Pocus »

I guess in a few months, it depends of what Marco has planned for the next game. I know it can be frustrating at time, but all AGEOD games have been announced late in their development process since we have partnered with Slitherine... Because announcing a game early also leads to a constant pressure and sometime ill advised promises by the devs. Announcing late allows us to focus more on the job to actually do.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Pocus wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:12 am I guess in a few months, it depends of what Marco has planned for the next game. I know it can be frustrating at time, but all AGEOD games have been announced late in their development process since we have partnered with Slitherine... Because announcing a game early also leads to a constant pressure and sometime ill advised promises by the devs. Announcing late allows us to focus more on the job to actually do.
Thank you Pocus, for having the consideration to give us a time frame, even though it is a guess.
kokkorhekkus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kokkorhekkus »

Glad to read that a new DLC will arrive in some time. The actual 550 then 310 BC scenarios are really good...Suspens beetween old empires period and late Roman Empire I suppose...
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

kokkorhekkus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:45 pm Glad to read that a new DLC will arrive in some time. The actual 550 then 310 BC scenarios are really good...Suspens beetween old empires period and late Roman Empire I suppose...
I believe that Pocus was referring to a new game, on a different period, not a DLC.

Alas, I doubt that we will ever see another
DLC for the original Field of Glory, Empires.

But the sec0ond game in the series should be great.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”