Gold Bug

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Gold Bug

Post by vaalen »

I am really enjoying the early stages of my game as Dacia. Except for the Gold Bug

One o the advantages Dacia is supposed to have is a plentiful supply of gold. And two of Dacia's three starting regions have gold as a natural resource. But, in 39
turns of gameplay, I have not had a single chance to build a gold mine in either region. despite shuffling the building choices in these regions many times,

This is very frustrating, and makes me wonder if there is a Gold bug. If so, it should be fixed.

There might also be some sort of mine bug. In the same game, I have iron in a couple of regions, but I have only had one chance to build an iron mine. I built something else, and the choice to build an iron mine never came up again.

That said, I am finding Dacia very different to play, and a lot of fun. Most of the regions near them lack population and resources, and many have impediments, such as bandits, poor soil, slavers, etc, that make developing them a challenge, yet some can really develop well, especially if you get rid of the impediments.

The Dacian army seems pretty dull at first, but once you form the province of Dacia Magna, you can recruit Dacian heavy infantry, who are not clumsy and are good in mountains and hills, and are one of the best infantry units in the game. And there are other military options that can be open to you.
Gray Fox
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Gold Bug

Post by Gray Fox »

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2014 ... -of-dacia/

The gold in Dacia may not have actually been "mined" until near the first century of the Common Era.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Gray Fox wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 pm https://www.resilience.org/stories/2014 ... -of-dacia/

The gold in Dacia may not have actually been "mined" until near the first century of the Common Era.
After reading your comment, I continued playing. In between 250 to 259 BCE, all three mines appeared and were built.
Thanks for your help.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

If you want a building but never see it appears as a proposal, first thing is to check what are the list of possibles buildings for this building category, in the region. You get that from the construction panel, all buildings are listed. If you see nothing, then it might be that it is tier II or III and so you need respectively 3 or 6 structures. If even with that you don't see it, it might be that you need a road. This solves 99% of the issues generally.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Pocus wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 am If you want a building but never see it appears as a proposal, first thing is to check what are the list of possibles buildings for this building category, in the region. You get that from the construction panel, all buildings are listed. If you see nothing, then it might be that it is tier II or III and so you need respectively 3 or 6 structures. If even with that you don't see it, it might be that you need a road. This solves 99% of the issues generally.
Ah, it is a tier two building that requires a road. I assume this means a regional road or better, since it was not until after i built regional roads in each region that the option to build the gold mines appeared.

Thanks for your help.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Another thing.

The construction window lists the Dacian Fort as a level one building.

However, it also lists the Dacian Redoubt, which you can only get by upgrading a Dacian Fort, and a level one building.

And it lists the Dacain fortress as a level two building, thought it can only be built by upgrading a Dacian Redoubt.

I think there is a mistake here.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

ok, I'll check these Dacian buildings, thanks!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Pocus wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 am ok, I'll check these Dacian buildings, thanks!
You are welcome. Once again, I appreciate your willingness to fix things.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”