Can't Move In To Samnium

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Can't Move In To Samnium

Post by canuckgamer »

I am Rome in our PBEM game. Some turns ago the message appeared that I had 20 turns to conquer Samnium to get various bonuses. I now only have 4 turns left and have been unable to move any of my units in to either Italia Superior or Italia Inferior which are the two areas left in Samnium. I have tried from both the adjacent areas west and east. I realize they are mountains but how can I conquer them if I can't move in to them?
Gray Fox
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Can't Move In To Samnium

Post by Gray Fox »

A storm is not preventing movement?
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

It was Fair Weather, not Harsh. I will check again when it is my move as we are playing a 3 player PBEM to see what kind of messages are displayed. Thanks for the reply.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

My turn in our PBEM game and the weather is Fair. I took Aterus a couple of turns ago but can not even move in to Umbria (Samnium) from there or Latium. It indicates that Samnium is neutral toward Rome so I tried to declare war by clicking on Diplomacy. Not sure how to do that. I also noticed that I also can't move from Tiberius to Picenum (Senones) although again Rome is not at war with them. I thought Aterus was part of Sanimum so puzzled why Rome isn't already at war with Sanimum. I also don't remember having to declare war before invading any faction.
Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

That explains your problem. You might want to brush up on the basics so you don't fall behind in your PBEM.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”