Major Land Tax decision bug?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Major Land Tax decision bug?

Post by primevalangel »

Hi guys, I've used the "Major Land Tax" decision, but the 40% tax bonus does not seem to be applied. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
20211116111701_1.jpg
20211116111701_1.jpg (582.52 KiB) Viewed 849 times
20211116111657_1.jpg
20211116111657_1.jpg (599.14 KiB) Viewed 849 times
20211116111726_1.jpg
20211116111726_1.jpg (532.93 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Major Land Tax decision bug?

Post by Pocus »

Sorry from the very late answer, I had transient health issues. Yes I meant this virus. :roll:

Tax boost is tax on population, this is why this is so big at +40% . But your base here is only 3 gold, or perhaps it was 2, +40% making 3. This is not a bonus to commerce and it is not tracked in details.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Thanks again Pocus for the clarification. Hope you are well now :) You are, after all, our best hope for the next (version of this) game :D
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I'm well, thanks. It was a mild case and it passed away completely in a few weeks. Back to work on the comparative interest of square vs lateen sail.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Pocus wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:19 pm Back to work on the comparative interest of square vs lateen sail.
Are you teasing from the new game? :D Now I wonder if you are referring to ships (some with square, some with lateen sail) or buildings that can produce these types of sail (that the player can build) :o ..
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

That's a tease! And I'm referring to ships.
And I made sure the time period of these sails are super large :D :twisted:
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Cool! According to Wikipedia, "The oldest archaeological evidence of use of a square-rig on a vessel is an image on a clay disk from Mesopotamia from 5000 BC". Lateen sail "evolved out of the dominant square rig". It "originated somewhat later during the Roman empire (27 BC – AD 395) in the Mediterranean Sea." "From the 1850s, the sailing ships of the line were replaced by steam-powered battleships, while the sailing frigates were replaced by steam-powered cruisers."

So the period where we have both types of sail would be from 1st-4th century AD to 1850 AD. So this means the next game cannot start after 1850 AD (game can end after an in-game tech becomes obsolete), and cannot end before 1st-4th century AD (game can start before, without this tech, and discover it during the game).

Pocus also said the next game will have archers (3700 BCE - 17th century CE). So all this means the next game cannot start after 17th century CE, and cannot end before 1st-4th century CE :wink:

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”