Any way to report cheaters in MP?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Any way to report cheaters in MP?

Post by primevalangel »

Now that I know how to see other nation's objectives, I'm posting printscreen for the "no major players or greeks" match as well (turn 45, I did NOT get the Mismatch warning message in this match this turn):

-Ledger>Factions>Iberii: 24 regions
-Ledger>Legacy>Iberii: 19 points from objectives
Screen_00000003_small.jpg
Screen_00000003_small.jpg (373.45 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Screen_00000002_small.jpg
Screen_00000002_small.jpg (368.09 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

vonSchlausewitz wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:57 pm What however is impossible is that the 3 iberian non-objective starting regions have also been converted to objectives.
vonSchlausewitz is basically right, though not impossible: Irish could have lost those 3 starting regions and got objectives on them and re-conquered them.

@IrishGuards: can you confirm you never lost those 3 starting non-capital regions, in the "Succession wars" match?
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:42 pm you have tinkered in some way and have forgotten?
I posted my answer in a a topic I created before, about this specific issue. Pip, please read my answer here, as I am interested in this topic and do not want it to lose focus.
IrishGuards
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by IrishGuards »

wow awesome and appreciate greatly .. now with that being said what does it all mean
I basically just push units around the board and try to kilt the other guys armies .. yes objectives are VIP but if you kilt their armies and their ability to wage wars then .. you have accomplished your goal

now with that being said what exactly does this all mean and how does this apply because
I am Iberii in 2 games succession wars and also
no majors or greeks and the same thing has basically happened in my mind .. Tigris has taken areas that are all objectives and now im regressing ..

can you look at that game to pls and thx I think its the same issue

just signed up for another game as Iberii and am gonna see whats up eh .. !!
cheers
faugh a ballagh !! :roll:
IG
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

primevalangel wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:39 am Now that I know how to see other nation's objectives, I'm posting printscreen for the "no major players or greeks" match as well (turn 45, I did NOT get the Mismatch warning message in this match this turn):

-Ledger>Factions>Iberii: 24 regions
-Ledger>Legacy>Iberii: 19 points from objectives

Screen_00000003_small.jpg
Screen_00000002_small.jpg
yup this is the game
thx
IG
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

primevalangel wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 am
vonSchlausewitz wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:57 pm What however is impossible is that the 3 iberian non-objective starting regions have also been converted to objectives.
vonSchlausewitz is basically right, though not impossible: Irish could have lost those 3 starting regions and got objectives on them and re-conquered them.

@IrishGuards: can you confirm you never lost those 3 starting non-capital regions, in the "Succession wars" match?
hey guy I have no clue whatsoever I dont track any of this .. figured the game would eh .. !
thx
IG
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:42 pm
primevalangel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 pm
pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm There are checks in place which would warn other players if someone were modding the game in any way.
Hi Pip, that warning is basically appearing in every single MP turn I play, to all the players. Since it seems it is always a "false-positive" (as no cheater has been identified), all players now just ignore this annoying message (if you miss-click the 2 buttons it closes your turn).

Unless the devs add the name of the player (so the issue causing the warning can be further debugged and found), this message should just be removed from the game, as many new players complain about it (in in-game chat).
It's certainly not an issue we are aware of until now. There isn't any real way to know which player has the 'wrong' version of the scripts. I will raise it with the team so they can gather more information. I know that I have an item on my task list to provide more detailed information on which file(s) are causing any sync issues, but if you are seeing them in every game, then either someone in every game is running with altered scripts, or perhaps you have tinkered in some way and have forgotten?

Cheers

Pip
OK great thx and appreciate now how would I know if my scripts are wrong .. or if there is a problem ??
can you not just log in as me or even remote access my computer from where you are and then you could see for yourself guy ??
more than willing if you would like to .. dont want to run afoul of the other gamers in any way shape or form .. !!
just basically want to see this resolved one way or another .. otherwise should I just re download the game and patches dlc or whatever .. let me know pls and thx
appreciate
IG
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

IrishGuards wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:40 pm
pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:42 pm
primevalangel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi Pip, that warning is basically appearing in every single MP turn I play, to all the players. Since it seems it is always a "false-positive" (as no cheater has been identified), all players now just ignore this annoying message (if you miss-click the 2 buttons it closes your turn).

Unless the devs add the name of the player (so the issue causing the warning can be further debugged and found), this message should just be removed from the game, as many new players complain about it (in in-game chat).
It's certainly not an issue we are aware of until now. There isn't any real way to know which player has the 'wrong' version of the scripts. I will raise it with the team so they can gather more information. I know that I have an item on my task list to provide more detailed information on which file(s) are causing any sync issues, but if you are seeing them in every game, then either someone in every game is running with altered scripts, or perhaps you have tinkered in some way and have forgotten?

Cheers

Pip
OK great thx and appreciate now how would I know if my scripts are wrong .. or if there is a problem ??
can you not just log in as me or even remote access my computer from where you are and then you could see for yourself guy ??
more than willing if you would like to .. dont want to run afoul of the other gamers in any way shape or form .. !!
just basically want to see this resolved one way or another .. otherwise should I just re download the game and patches dlc or whatever .. let me know pls and thx
appreciate
IG
Have you ever changed any files in your installer folder? If not, then you are not the cause of the issue(s).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Pocus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 pm Yes, there is no error, or there is one, but in the initial data which were not revised. The initial design from a while back (speaking of 2017/2018 data) was to give to minor nations almost all regions around them, in an attempt to help them pose a threat to major nations. Obviously the method had a tons of flaw, and it was abandoned, except that not all data were revised.

Meaning Iberii enjoys a very easy time gaining new objectives.

Here are the hard coded objectives:
$ID_REG_LAMINIUM|$ID_REG_VETONIA|$ID_REG_DIANUM|$ID_REG_ANAS|$ID_REG_CARPETANIA|$ID_REG_MALACA|$ID_REG_CUNEI|$ID_REG_SUCRO|$ID_REG_OROSPEDA|$ID_REG_OLCADIA|$ID_REG_BAETIS|$ID_REG_TERMES|$ID_REG_DERTOSA|$ID_REG_LUSITANIA|$ID_REG_ORETANIA|$ID_REG_DURIUS|$ID_REG_AREVACIA|$ID_REG_SEDETANA|$ID_REG_IBERUS|$ID_REG_PISORACA|$ID_REG_IDUBEDA|$ID_REG_NUMANTINIA|$ID_REG_ASTURA|$ID_REG_MINIUS|$ID_REG_GALLAECIA|$ID_REG_EMPORIA|$ID_REG_TAGUS

If the code does not manage to find you a dynamic objective, then it will give you one of these, and so you end up with an easy time raking objectives! Sorry about that, but at least, there is no bug or cheater.
Above is Pocus' reply from this topic. From my understanding, he basically says there is no cheat or bug, and this is the 'flavor' of the Iberii nation the devs intended: Iberii will get all the above 27 regions in the Iberian Peninsula as objectives. After Iberii conquers all of them, it will get other objectives just like any other faction. IrishGuards played fair (as usual).

@Pocus: vonSchlausewitz correctly pointed out that the main unusual issue (which made him suspect a cheat) are the 3 starting non-capital regions (who are not objectives at the start), but somehow they become objectives while being owned. So my question is: when do these 3 regions become objectives?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

The system tries to always provide 4 objectives, one per turn added. So even if you did not start with these 3, you'll get them as Iberii.

The original system only had hardcoded objectives, and for minor nations, the initial list was not always revised (so you get what Iberii has, a suboptimal list of objectives). The system was then overhauled with a dynamic system which tries to provide objectives, not too far, not too close, from nations you have issues with. If that's not possible, then it reverts to the hardcoded ones. I think in fact that there is also a 50% chance of getting a HC objective even if a dynamic can be provided, given they are supposed to give you a sense of historicity and for many nations they are done in a way that you get 'bread crumbs' tracks to follow. For Rome for example, there are 4 different tracks, one will go the historical route of heading toward Narbonensis, then follow the coasts of Spain, the interior, then Africa by going through Gibraltar (this last stretch is not historical I believe, but you get my point). etc.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
vonSchlausewitz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by vonSchlausewitz »

@IrishGuards: As Pocus has confirmed, that this issue occurs due to what bascially is a "legal bug" or a leftover from a system which unintentionally wasn't removed as it was supposed to, I apologize for calling you a cheater.

Having read stories in forums about people cheating in FoG:E MP games before had lead to my hasty judgement.

I hope you understand, that this issue was so striking that I was not able to come up with any other conclusion.

I would be very happy if we could get over this and develop a cordial relation in the future.

@Pocus: Shame on you for not cleaning up your house. :P

Regards
von Schlausewitz
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Well, it's more like cleaning a Scottish castle of 150 rooms!

(by that I mean there is a really big amount of data for every faction)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Faultierasai
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Faultierasai »

I have the same Problem like Irish Guards. I play as Iberia in an MP and almost all of my neighboring regions give legacy points when I want to conquer them. After 15 rounds, the legacy points disappear, but all reappear in Spain or Mauritania. It's very easy to get to 20 LP or more.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I'll make a note to delete the historical objectives for such nation, for the next patch of Empires (at least one due before Kingdoms release)
Faultierasai
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Faultierasai »

I can live with this. Iberia has a lot of Problems in the beginning.
Can we make wishes for this last Patch?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You can, but wishes are only that :D

Seriously, given the tight schedule (Kingdoms beta starting soon), improvements have few chances to be added except if they are also of large importance for Kingdoms.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”