Field of Glory: Empires Steam Page is live – Whishlist it now!

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory: Empires Steam Page is live – Whishlist it now!

Post by Daniele » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:39 pm

We are pleased to announce that one of the most anticipated grand-strategy game of the year, Field of Glory: Empires, is going to be released on Steam too!

Civilizations come and go; common men and kings they get covered by the dust of time in the same way. Monuments and wonders crumble under their own weight. But the cultural legacy is not bygone. Stories and tales about ancestors and their deeds pass through generations, the old knowledge is not lost forever. Soon, new societies, new kingdoms, new civilizations rise from the seeds of the ones which predated them. Decadence is not the end.

Will your legacy stand the test of time?

SGZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Field of Glory: Empires Steam Page is live – Whishlist it now!

Post by SGZ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 am

Wishlisted! I normally avoid pre ordering but for this game I would pre order today if that option existed.

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by devoncop » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:49 pm

SGZ wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 am
Wishlisted! I normally avoid pre ordering but for this game I would pre order today if that option existed.

+100 :D

Supervark
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Supervark » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi there,

There is huge anticipation here for when this comes out and will be purchasing it. I buy 99.9999% of my games off steam and have all the FOG II DLCs I have a coupon from Slitherine for 8 years of fun and frivolity. My questions are, would this coupon be valid for a steam purchase? If I do not buy it on steam can I still integrate it with FOG II content that I own that was bought on steam?

Cheers

Mick

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Supervark wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 pm
Hi there,

There is huge anticipation here for when this comes out and will be purchasing it. I buy 99.9999% of my games off steam and have all the FOG II DLCs I have a coupon from Slitherine for 8 years of fun and frivolity. My questions are, would this coupon be valid for a steam purchase? If I do not buy it on steam can I still integrate it with FOG II content that I own that was bought on steam?

Cheers

Mick
Just buy it off the Slitherine store then use the game key they provide to activate it on Steam.

Have done this multiple times. Works like a dream 😉

Supervark
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Supervark » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:21 am

devoncop wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 pm
Supervark wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 pm
Hi there,

Cheers

Mick
Just buy it off the Slitherine store then use the game key they provide to activate it on Steam.

Have done this multiple times. Works like a dream 😉
Thanks, devoncop did not know that it could be done. That's what I shall do then as soon as it becomes available.

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 am

Opening the PBEM on desktop is much faster than loading Steam with its overhead and clutter

Slitherine used to have a messaging app to PC desktop for PBEM turn notifications. Is that still the case?

From experience, how would MP work just getting together on voice comms online and flipping turns back-to-back for a few hours? Bog down in later game with very unequal amounts of work to do? In game chat would I expect fill in the time. In PON PBEM it was the diplomatic notes and major war planning that took the most extra time (great fun of course).

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:30 am

The email notification for turns works fine.

The person who sets up the game defines the time limit for turns to be submitted (maximum) but once all players have made their turn the turn is processed even if the time limit has not been reached.

So with 3 or 4 players in a game who are all in the same timezone and available to play simultaneously no reason multiple turns cannot be made within a very short space of time.

SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Thanks - it sounds like the limiting factor is who is able to do turns quickly and how often the bio/planning/negotiation breaks.

SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 pm

I am wishlisting it but buying here for support of this site. Any word when the price will be be announced?

Southern Hunter
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Southern Hunter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 am

Steam said it was to be released 30 minutes ago, and had a countdown and everything. But now it says it will be released tomorrow, in another 8 hours. A little frustrating really.

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Daniele » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am

Hi Southern,
Sorry for the frustration, the countdown Steam uses is purely indicative so it could restart from time to time.
We will release the game approximately at around 3 pm UK time (BST)

SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 am

I was up so long that I flagged before it eventually did launch. Now I can't progress as how to swap units among stacks is not explained (posted elsewhere). Thanks for your kind attention.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 am

Sorry for the trouble Sir Garnet! I have answered in another thread of your about that. We probably missed something on how to best explain this particular point.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”