I'm sold. What do I need?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Cheeks
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

I'm sold. What do I need?

Post by Cheeks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:08 pm

After watching the videos and reading the forum, I'm on board. As soon as FOG:E is released - I'll be throwing my wallet at you. Don't worry about it hitting you - it doesn't weigh much.

What I would like to know before release is what do I need to purchase to be able to port the battles so that I can fight them myself. Do I need FOG:2 only? Or do I need all of the expansions?

Thanks very much!

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: I'm sold. What do I need?

Post by loki100 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 am

just the base game is all you need to play FOG-Empires battles in FoG2

but some of the expansions are very good and add a lot. So its a voluntary addition and depends a bit on which parts of the ancient/classical era interest you.

haircuts
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by haircuts » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Does that mean you'll have to load/close FoG 2 every time?

loki100

Post by loki100 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:47 pm

No, you need to set up the connection and then its automatic.

So in Empires you can opt to resolve a battle using that system or export to FoG2, this then halts the turn processing. Do the battle, and it generates a file for Empires. Restart Empires and import that file, it then proceeds with the turn processing. its actually more intuitive to do than describe.

DasTactic
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by DasTactic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:35 pm

I might just weigh in a little here as well. I think players may assume that FoG: EMPIRES is a 'value-add' to Field of Glory II giving that game a cool way to play a campaign to generate the battles, and that is definitely the approach I took when I started beta testing the game. I started testing thinking I'd be exporting most battle out to play them in FoG2. But the more you play the more you realise that FoG: EMPIRES is a stand-alone experience and if anything, playing the battles in FoG2 is the 'value-add'. I now play most battles in EMPIRES and just bring the occasional battle out into FoG2. So technically EMPIRES is a great game whether you have FoG2 or not, just as FoG2 is a great game on its own as well. EMPIRES is grand strategy (done incredibly well btw) and FoG2 is unrivalled as a tactical battle game. They really compliment each other but both work very well on their own. Hope that helps. :)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”