Force size when exporting battles to FOG 2?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MojoAmok
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Force size when exporting battles to FOG 2?

Post by MojoAmok » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Sorry if this has been answered, but I was wondering how many FOG 2 units would be generated from their FOG: E counterparts when we export our battles - anyone know?

I was eyeballing the announcement stream where they did an export and it looked like it might have been a 2:1 ratio where the FOG: E units are doubled. However, it was fairly slipshod observation, so I might be well off on that. And it also occurred to me that it could be more nuanced as different FOG 2 battles will have very different numbers of men represented in their units depending on the scale of the battle, so maybe there isn't a universal rule.

Anyway, insights from Beta testers or Devs would be appreciated! :D

loki100
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Force size when exporting battles to FOG 2?

Post by loki100 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:40 pm

its not linear, not least as some Empires units translate to multiple troop types in FoG2 (such as the early Republican legions etc). The other bit of scaling is if you export a very large battle, the units in FoG2 will be scaled back (or it would be a cluttered click fest). The other wrinkle is that army size in FoG2 uses the relative purchase costs in that game, so some translations may give you more or less units depending on their relative value in FoG2.

Having said that, you get a good representation of the relative sizes of the two armies and their relative make up. So you can get small battles - perhaps really little but a skirmish and some large epics. Equally you can have one side badly outnumbered.

Guess the best that can be said is it works well - I've never had a converted battle that simply seemed wrong in its make up.

MojoAmok

Re: Force size when exporting battles to FOG 2?

Post by MojoAmok » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Much appreciated for the in-depth breakdown, Loki. That sounds like an excellent system and I'll be quite interested to see how the units translate by type.

Thanks!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”