Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

jimwinsor
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by jimwinsor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Sounds reasonable, and since Judea is on board, great. The province is nice, but the Temple more important I'd say.

I'll probably need to do the heavy lifting here next, and direct my army to take down the ARA doomstack. So I will plot accordingly ...
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:51 pm

We are all agreed then.

Egypt will remove its armies from Arabian areas to ensure no accidental clashes this turn.....Seleucids can attack the doomstack and/or Samaria region of Palaestina Province with the Judeans as you both see fit.

Egypt will remain in Jerusalem until other areas are ready for exchange so that Egyptian troops can move from Jerusalem into Palaestina Province and then the following move take an unoccupied Samaria whilst the Judeans/Seleucids take Jerusalem. Peace offers will then be sent and accepted.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 am

Judea wishes to ask if it may also be permitted to take the Red Sea coast region bordering Nabatea, if it does not station any troops there.

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 am

Yaitz331 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 am
Judea wishes to ask if it may also be permitted to take the Red Sea coast region bordering Nabatea, if it does not station any troops there.
For what reason ?

Judea will already have access to the Red Sea ..

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 am

devoncop wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 am
Yaitz331 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 am
Judea wishes to ask if it may also be permitted to take the Red Sea coast region bordering Nabatea, if it does not station any troops there.
For what reason ?

Judea will already have access to the Red Sea ..
It would reduce the number of regions on the road to the coast by one, giving Judea a shorter route to the Red Sea, and it would prevent an Arabian enclave in Judea's rear, lowering the number of Judean regions susceptible to raids.

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am

Well if you want to trade it for Jerusalem you are welcome to take the second region on the Red Sea coast :wink: .....otherwise given it took forever to arrange this agreement and we have three nations directly involved it will be best to stick to what has already been agreed.

As others have pointed out some rudimentary defences will stop any raids.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:52 pm

devoncop wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am
Well if you want to trade it for Jerusalem you are welcome to take the second region on the Red Sea coast :wink: .....otherwise given it took forever to arrange this agreement and we have three nations directly involved it will be best to stick to what has already been agreed.

As others have pointed out some rudimentary defences will stop any raids.
Judea will not contest this decision.

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Yaitz331 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:52 pm
devoncop wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am
Well if you want to trade it for Jerusalem you are welcome to take the second region on the Red Sea coast :wink: .....otherwise given it took forever to arrange this agreement and we have three nations directly involved it will be best to stick to what has already been agreed.

As others have pointed out some rudimentary defences will stop any raids.
Judea will not contest this decision.
at which we all heave a sigh of relief :roll:

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:28 pm

loki100 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Yaitz331 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:52 pm
devoncop wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am
Well if you want to trade it for Jerusalem you are welcome to take the second region on the Red Sea coast :wink: .....otherwise given it took forever to arrange this agreement and we have three nations directly involved it will be best to stick to what has already been agreed.

As others have pointed out some rudimentary defences will stop any raids.
Judea will not contest this decision.
at which we all heave a sigh of relief :roll:
Too true :D

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 am

Congratulations are apparently due to the Saka.

Now at peace with the Seleucids having conducted a very successful campaign against Bactria. Impressive stuff.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Judea will capture Samaria this turn, and next turn will depart. Judea expects Ptolemaic armies to leave Jerusalem next turn as well, so that the region exchange may occur the turn after that. Peace may then be officially signed.

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm

That sounds fine. As you can see I have already made my turn so when it comes back to me I shall do that. Note you will need to let the Egyptian troops leave Jerusalem before moving in or you risk instigating a battle with them which would not be wise.

If you are adjacent it may be better to enter via a second region to ensure Egyptian troops have had time to leave.

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:39 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:26 pm

devoncop wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm
That sounds fine. As you can see I have already made my turn so when it comes back to me I shall do that. Note you will need to let the Egyptian troops leave Jerusalem before moving in or you risk instigating a battle with them which would not be wise.

If you are adjacent it may be better to enter via a second region to ensure Egyptian troops have had time to leave.
The concern of an accidental clash is why Judea stated that both Judea and Ptolemy will move their armies next turn, and the exchange will only occur the turn after that.

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Yaitz331 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:26 pm
devoncop wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm
That sounds fine. As you can see I have already made my turn so when it comes back to me I shall do that. Note you will need to let the Egyptian troops leave Jerusalem before moving in or you risk instigating a battle with them which would not be wise.

If you are adjacent it may be better to enter via a second region to ensure Egyptian troops have had time to leave.
The concern of an accidental clash is why Judea stated that both Judea and Ptolemy will move their armies next turn, and the exchange will only occur the turn after that.
Understood.👍

Greyhunterlp
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Greyhunterlp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm

I should really post in here.

Saka has accepted a peace treaty from the Selucids, as with the death of our allies, there is just to much land to the south to take.

We will seek other, more peaceful, westernly options for expansion.

(sorry Bactria, you were just in the way....)

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by 13obo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Please do post more... We've heard enough about Judea and Pallestina.

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Greyhunterlp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm
I should really post in here.

Saka has accepted a peace treaty from the Selucids, as with the death of our allies, there is just to much land to the south to take.

We will seek other, more peaceful, westernly options for expansion.

(sorry Bactria, you were just in the way....)
yeah, information not about Judea - I mean its been fun filling the last 21 pages with its disputes etc but it is nice to have a wee break and read about other developments :roll:

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Greyhunterlp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm
I should really post in here.

Saka has accepted a peace treaty from the Selucids, as with the death of our allies, there is just to much land to the south to take.

We will seek other, more peaceful, westernly options for expansion.

(sorry Bactria, you were just in the way....)
If you are still intending to post a you tube lets play on this game I will be very interested to see how the Saka have been to play, never having chosen them as yet.

pnoff
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by pnoff » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Could you guys put up some more maps, please?

Looks like you are having fun, I am wondering how it looks.

Geffalrus
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Geffalrus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:39 pm

The Antigonids have a whole genre of epic poetry dedicated to their heroic victories over the massive hordes of Mauryans and Saka that tried to invade Persia.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”