Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop »

It may be wise to see which side is coming out on top first :-)
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

loki100 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:44 pm if either side wishes to hire in some seaborne pillaging I'm sure that something can be arranged .... at a suitable price :twisted:
You sure you're ready to pay the toll necessary to get into that part of the Mediterranean? :wink:
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

loki100 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:44 pm if either side wishes to hire in some seaborne pillaging I'm sure that something can be arranged .... at a suitable price :twisted:
If you land troops in Egypt and win, I'll pay you 500 gold.

And, of course, tons of date beer.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

A herald from Judea:
The previous king of Judea has taken ill and passed away, probably of natural causes. He has joined his ancestors in Heaven, and his son has taken the throne. A natural diplomat, he has taken as his first royal action the dispatch of messengers to Ptolemy apologizing for his father's actions and requesting a return to the former agreement, with no Judean demands for Trachonitis.

He hopes that Ptolemy will not hold the dying actions of an old, aging, frail, and semi-senile leader against the whole nation of Judea, and hopes Ptolemy will accept this offer for a return to peace.
(I'm of the RP-your-leader camp of players, and my old leader was quite a stubborn fellow. The new king is apparently an excellent diplomat, so to RP his diplomatic leanings, he's asking Ptolemy for peace.)
(And this is not a ploy either. Take a look at my current leader; he's not my starting leader anymore, and he's an excellent diplomat.)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Lol! That's taking RP to a new level.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:46 am Lol! That's taking RP to a new level.
In a couple of hours the turn will be in and as a result of certain "diplomatic shifts" we may all discover the real reason for the screeching 180 degree U turn in Judean foreign policy........... :wink:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

13obo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:46 am Lol! That's taking RP to a new level.
I'm a serious RPer. It's why, when I play FoG:E, I only take buildings that make sense to build (to use Judea as an example, I'll never build "pleasure houses", since Jewish law forbids it. I'll also tear down existing ones that I conquer).
It makes everything WAY more fun. Even when it results in negative outcomes.
devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:54 amIn a couple of hours the turn will be in and as a result of certain "diplomatic shifts" we may all discover the real reason for the screeching 180 degree U turn in Judean foreign policy........... :wink:
Actually, I had no clue of what I think you're talking about until just now. My change of foreign policy was solely related to my king's death. If you check the playback, you'll see my king actually just died and a new one whose an excellent diplomat took his spot.

Also, if devoncop cares at all about RP, my excellent diplomat leader has gotta count for something. If not, devoncop clearly isn't playing this for RP, which given that this is a huge multiplayer game is quite disappointing.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I usually RP a dynasty obsessed with conquest and min maxing their economy via the use of gameplay mechanics. Does that count as RP?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Oh boy that patch has hit hard.........!!

Lots of rebalancing of the Ptolemaic economy had to be done ........now to see where the objectives all reset to :-)
jimwinsor
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by jimwinsor »

devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:39 pm Oh boy that patch has hit hard.........!!

Lots of rebalancing of the Ptolemaic economy had to be done ........now to see where the objectives all reset to :-)
Mmmm hm:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.2 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

jimwinsor wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:07 pm
devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:39 pm Oh boy that patch has hit hard.........!!

Mmmm hm:

Capture.JPG

Exactly ! !

Not quite as hard a hit as that for Egypt but not pleasant :D
jimwinsor

Post by jimwinsor »

Another 1.04 tip:

Be sure to click on your Nation Panel, then the Nation Traits, and see where your new Military Expertise rating is at. If it's in red, that's bad.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Why's it bad? No leaders?
jimwinsor

Post by jimwinsor »

Yeah, it affects your leader pool, among other things.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

jimwinsor wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:43 pm Another 1.04 tip:

Be sure to click on your Nation Panel, then the Nation Traits, and see where your new Military Expertise rating is at. If it's in red, that's bad.
Good tip.

Will check next turn...!
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

In game news the Seleucids and Egyptians, after intensive efforts by both diplomatic services have agreed a peace deal which has left the Judeans isolated just as they had decided to try and overrun the areas of Palestine Province they previously agreed to allow Egypt to retain.

Samaria has been recaptured from the Judeans and the now trapped Judean Army is trying desperately to storm Jerusalem before the Egyptian army arrives to relieve the siege. A ring of Seleucid held regions block the Judeans from their northern regions in the Levant and supply for their troops.

If Jerusalem falls to the Judeans it will be retaken.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:55 pmthe now trapped Judean Army
God is truly with His people, as He has driven Palmyrene to attack His nation. Palmyrene thinks they are trying to pick apart the corpse of a dying nation, but instead they have provided a route back to Judean land in Syria and Phoenicia.

Judea's making like Mao and going on a Long March. Wish us luck, comrades. :D

Judea ain't dead just yet, you wicked heathen.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 pm
God is truly with His people, as He has driven Palmyrene to attack His nation. Palmyrene thinks they are trying to pick apart the corpse of a dying nation, but instead they have provided a route back to Judean land in Syria and Phoenicia.

More lives than a cat😏
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:33 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 pm

More lives than a cat😏
Yes indeed.
Source: Have pet cat. (I'm not entirely sure why though.)
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Firm Suggestion:

Seeing as how things might be slightly confusing and/or disordered after the Triumph Update, I propose that the Lagid-Maccabee War declare a ceasefire. Last I checked, Arabia is no longer in Syria and Judea is out of.......well, Judea. Cease fighting now, and we have a workable border with no border-gore as they say. Then Seleucos and Judea can work out the return of the Syria/Phoenicia regions. While the cease fire lasts, negotiations can proceed to determine the proper price for the return of Jerusalem to the People's Front of Judea.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”