Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by devoncop »

When you try and ride a tiger by allying with it ......this could be a worrying vision of the future :wink:
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

Why wage war when you can just inherit.......... :wink:
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

Geffalrus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 pm Why wage war when you can just inherit.......... :wink:
Antigonus Hapsburg?
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Yaitz331 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:05 pm Antigonus Hapsburg?
My family tree is an MC Escher painting.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:05 pm
Geffalrus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 pm Why wage war when you can just inherit.......... :wink:
Antigonus Hapsburg?
If I were the Judeans I would be more worried at the prospect of Antigonus Ben-Gurion.... :wink:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Geffalrus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm
So this new Antigonus is going to travel back in time and become the original Antigonus. Got it.
devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Antigonus Hapsburg?
If I were the Judeans I would be more worried at the prospect of Antigonus Ben-Gurion.... :wink:
I don't quite understand why having an Israeli Founding Father leading another country would be a BAD thing.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm I don't quite understand why having an Israeli Founding Father leading another country would be a BAD thing.
I for one view it as a great way to initiate peace after a long period of conflict.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm
Geffalrus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm
So this new Antigonus is going to travel back in time and become the original Antigonus. Got it.
devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Antigonus Hapsburg?
I don't quite understand why having an Israeli Founding Father leading another country would be a BAD thing.

Indeed not..........

My point was that Judea may end up with a leader called Antigonus given the expansion of the Antigonids in this game :D
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:52 amIndeed not..........

My point was that Judea may end up with a leader called Antigonus given the expansion of the Antigonids in this game :D
Ah, my mistake.
In that case, I guess I'd better hope Antigonus isn't also a Semitic name.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

och, I'm sure the Picts will be quite happy to be ruled by An't air gonus (apologies for the cod gaelic)
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

An open message from Judea:
Ptolemy and Judea had reached an agreement that "Egypt will remain out of any Arabian/Judean conflict for now unless Judea tries to take the Arabian Capital," (direct quote from diplomatic communications). However, Ptolemy has just joined in Arabia's aggressive war against Judea without any Judean attempt to take the Arabian capital. This is unacceptable, and Judea is now seeking assistance from all just, righteous nations, either in putting diplomatic pressure on Ptolemy to leave Judea alone, or in giving Judea military assistance against Ptolemy.

Judea has no fear of fighting Ptolemy alone if necessary. The Almighty above, Protector of the Jewish Nation, will give us victory. Despite this, we must do our best to gain a victory through natural means, and call out for support. Let Ptolemy not take this request for support against his evil, unjust people as weakness on our part.

Let all the worlds nations join in defending God's people, and God will reward you with greatness.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Don't know about the rest, but I'm convinced! If only I was playing the game...
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 am An open message from Judea:
Ptolemy and Judea had reached an agreement that "Egypt will remain out of any Arabian/Judean conflict for now unless Judea tries to take the Arabian Capital," (direct quote from diplomatic communications). However, Ptolemy has just joined in Arabia's aggressive war against Judea without any Judean attempt to take the Arabian capital. This is unacceptable, and Judea is now seeking assistance from all just, righteous nations, either in putting diplomatic pressure on Ptolemy to leave Judea alone, or in giving Judea military assistance against Ptolemy.

Judea has no fear of fighting Ptolemy alone if necessary. The Almighty above, Protector of the Jewish Nation, will give us victory. Despite this, we must do our best to gain a victory through natural means, and call out for support. Let Ptolemy not take this request for support against his evil, unjust people as weakness on our part.

Let all the worlds nations join in defending God's people, and God will reward you with greatness.
Ptolemy reads this with some bemusement.

No Egyptian troops have attacked Judea.

We are in an Alliance with Arabia as we have been since long before Judea chose to attack her.

Have the High Priests been out too long in the sun or are they merely looking to provoke a fight with their neighbours ?

Perplexing indeed......
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am Don't know about the rest, but I'm convinced! If only I was playing the game...
If you are convinced by that Ptolemy has a bridge to sell you :D
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am
Yaitz331 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 am An open message from Judea:

Ptolemy reads this with some bemusement.

No Egyptian troops have attacked Judea.

We are in an Alliance with Arabia as we have been since long before Judea chose to attack her.

Have the High Priests been out too long in the sun or are they merely looking to provoke a fight with their neighbours ?

Perplexing indeed......
Then why has Ptolemy declared military support for Arabia, officially declaring war on Judea? If Ptolemy has no intention of actually attacking us, then this action is puzzling indeed.

In addition, officially declaring war on us means that your puppet Nabatea will also join. Even if you should give a guarantee not to attack us, your puppet Nabatea is unlikely to refrain from doing so, which would force us to respond in force.

And, yet again, Arabia declared war on us. We did not declare war on them.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

13obo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am Don't know about the rest, but I'm convinced! If only I was playing the game...
With the help of God, other nations shall join our righteous cause as well (if only for an excuse to attack Ptolemy).
devoncop wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 am If you are convinced by that Ptolemy has a bridge to sell you :D
Quite an appropriate metaphor, given that it is Ptolemy and not Judea who is trying to sell a fictional bridge. :P
jimwinsor
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by jimwinsor »

Antigonus son of Seleucus, ie, the eastern Antigonus, finds in favor of brave Judea in the current Arabian War, and pledges non aggression with our Judean neighbors while they sort this out (with more aid under active consideration ...).
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

jimwinsor wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm Antigonus son of Seleucus, ie, the eastern Antigonus, finds in favor of brave Judea in the current Arabian War, and pledges non aggression with our Judean neighbors while they sort this out (with more aid under active consideration ...).
Once again, an Antigonus has proven himself to be a righteous man. May the Almighty grant you much success in your Eastern war.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

jimwinsor wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm Antigonus son of Seleucus, ie, the eastern Antigonus, finds in favor of brave Judea in the current Arabian War, and pledges non aggression with our Judean neighbors while they sort this out (with more aid under active consideration ...).
Given the fact that Judea is not a challenger in the Legacy tables to the Seleucids this "independent adjudication" comes as little surprise :wink:

Other nations must judge the facts of the case with rather less self interest......

Did Judea invade and occupy the Arabian Port city before Arabia took any land from Judea......"Yes"

Did Judea attack Arabia despite the Arabians having the Ptolemaics as their allies......yes

Did Egypt proactively declare war of Judea ....No

Was Egypt automatically considered at war because of its Alliance with Arabia who was in a defensive war............"Yes"

Egypt rests its case..........
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

I go on a road trip for 1 day and this is what I come back to??????

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”