Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Lysimachos »

Geffalrus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm
13obo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:53 am Antigonids and seleucids are allies (judging by screenshots), so maybe he just relieved a sieged region?
Close. I attacked and defeated an army, but then didn't stick around to siege or assault the following turn. Practically every region there is fortified, so I was never in "danger" of taking a region I didn't want.
Sorry for the Antigonid poetry but I cannot confirm the engagement you're talking about.
Maybe the guys lost their baggage fording a river and therefore were equipped with Seleucid uniforms by their allies ... :wink:

In any case it is just a poetic topic the remembrance of the old, good days in a way that's far different from reality.
Not really a lie but just a fault of memory! :mrgreen:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Sadly, Xenophon wasn't there to write 10 tomes about the march of the Antigonid army:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabasis_(Xenophon)

"Xenophon accompanied the Ten Thousand, a large army of Greek mercenaries hired by Cyrus the Younger, who intended to seize the throne of Persia from his brother, Artaxerxes II. Though Cyrus' mixed army fought to a tactical victory at Cunaxa in Babylon (401 BC), Cyrus was killed, rendering the actions of the Greeks irrelevant and the expedition a failure.

Stranded deep in Persia, the Spartan general Clearchus and the other Greek senior officers were then killed or captured by treachery on the part of the Persian satrap Tissaphernes. Xenophon, one of three remaining leaders elected by the soldiers, played an instrumental role in encouraging the 10,000 to march north across foodless deserts and snow-filled mountain passes, towards the Black Sea and the comparative security of its Greek shoreline cities. Now abandoned in northern Mesopotamia, without supplies other than what they could obtain by force or diplomacy, the 10,000 had to fight their way northwards through Corduene and Armenia, making ad hoc decisions about their leadership, tactics, provender and destiny, while the King's army and hostile natives barred their way and attacked their flanks."
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Lysimachos wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 pm Sorry for the Antigonid poetry but I cannot confirm the engagement you're talking about.
Maybe the guys lost their baggage fording a river and therefore were equipped with Seleucid uniforms by their allies ... :wink:

In any case it is just a poetic topic the remembrance of the old, good days in a way that's far different from reality.
Not really a lie but just a fault of memory! :mrgreen:
Wait, why am I arguing with a ghost again? :wink:
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

[/quote]

Wait, why am I arguing with a ghost again? :wink:
[/quote]

Prometheus from Henry Longfellow's "Masque of Pandora" :

" Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad" :wink:
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

I thought he was having a 'sing along with Joan Baez' moment?
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 pm Prometheus from Henry Longfellow's "Masque of Pandora" :

" Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad" :wink:
"That's my secret devon......I'm already mad." :twisted:
loki100

Post by loki100 »

shuffles quietely off into a corner in the hope that no-one noticed what happened last turn ...
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

loki100 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 am Since I realise you all want to know, heres the situation in Britain. The anglo-pictish alliance are about to remove all other influences before settling down to the inevitable centuries of peace ...

map.jpg
Uh oh, did someone's invasion not go quite according to plan?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

Geffalrus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:31 pm
loki100 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 am Since I realise you all want to know, heres the situation in Britain. The anglo-pictish alliance are about to remove all other influences before settling down to the inevitable centuries of peace ...

map.jpg
oh no, we stuffed the Brigantines into haggis shaped lumps

its just that I forgot to tell my pirates to stop raiding while they relocated away from the all the hostile shouting coming from Judea. So they raided ... while redeploying ... and its possible the owner of the region (who I believe begins with an A) may be a wee bit annoyed?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

map.jpg
My bet is his scallywags have been raiding Judea again.....

For reasons of the Pictish navy's longevity on top of the ocean rather underneath it this would be a more prudent move than raiding Egyptian lands......we shall see 😉
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:56 pm oh no, we stuffed the Brigantines into haggis shaped lumps

its just that I forgot to tell my pirates to stop raiding while they relocated away from the all the hostile shouting coming from Judea. So they raided ... while redeploying ... and its possible the owner of the region (who I believe begins with an A) may be a wee bit annoyed?
I. JUST. NOTICED. :x
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

RIP Pictish Cruiselines.
20190912155457_1.jpg
20190912155457_1.jpg (283.2 KiB) Viewed 2436 times
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

If anyone is curious about the relative Legacy positions:
20190912155558_1.jpg
20190912155558_1.jpg (260.74 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
And relative power rankings:
20190912155558_1.jpg
20190912155558_1.jpg (260.74 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
And the Judean Situation:
20190912155705_1.jpg
20190912155705_1.jpg (293.59 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Attachments
20190912155614_1.jpg
20190912155614_1.jpg (290.48 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Last edited by Geffalrus on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:56 pm

map.jpg

This may be the first recorded incident of the use of unguided missiles :mrgreen:
loki100

Post by loki100 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 pm
loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:56 pm

This may be the first recorded incident of the use of unguided missiles :mrgreen:

well you try navigating by carved stone, I mean its not easy
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 pm well you try navigating by carved stone, I mean its not easy
Don't worry, I'm about to share some of my advanced technology with you. Real soon. :twisted:
Boutar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Boutar »

Just one quick question. In general you have a turn every ???

In the case one of the participant can't play or unable to play for multiples reasons, did the creator can force the turn?
I bellong to a group of 30 peoples playing mostly Paradox game during GPO night (3-4 hours strait). And some of them are showing to interest to this game but will make there decision depending on the multiplayer.

By the way you have a very nice game going on.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Boutar wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 pm Just one quick question. In general you have a turn every ???

In the case one of the participant can't play or unable to play for multiples reasons, did the creator can force the turn?
I bellong to a group of 30 peoples playing mostly Paradox game during GPO night (3-4 hours strait). And some of them are showing to interest to this game but will make there decision depending on the multiplayer.

By the way you have a very nice game going on.
Most have maximum game turn turnarounds of 24 or 36 or 48 hours. This game has been set by me (the game initiator) at 48 hours maximum. Once all players have moved however the turn moves on straight away so the turns would be much quicker if everyone was playing at the same time. If one or more player drops out then the AI takes over.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

I'm feeling discriminated against ...
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 pm I'm feeling discriminated against ...

I would declare independence in that case........

Oh.....

wait....... :wink:

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”