Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by loki100 »

when you say 'no raiding' does that include ... ?

just checking for some friends :twisted:
Last edited by loki100 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:29 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pmJudea's compromise suggestion is this: Seeing as how Judea's two reasons for wanting the extra region are to form the province and remove an Arabian region in Judea's rear, taking the region, forming the province, and then abandoning the region will satisfy both of Judea's wishes and be entirely acceptable to Ptolemy. As that will leave Judea with two of the four regions of the province, the province will not be destroyed by this abandonment.
So does Ptolemy approve of this compromise?

This will satisfy Judea's wishes, and I see no reason why Ptolemy would object.
The offer is accepted provided no raiding of any kind occurs on Egyptian,Arabian or Nabatean regions.
Judea accepts. However, by next turn, Jerusalem must be fully restored to its former state.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:00 pm
devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:29 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 pm
So does Ptolemy approve of this compromise?

This will satisfy Judea's wishes, and I see no reason why Ptolemy would object.
The offer is accepted provided no raiding of any kind occurs on Egyptian,Arabian or Nabatean regions.
Judea accepts. However, by next turn, Jerusalem must be fully restored to its former state.

Already done.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm when you say 'no raiding' does that include ... ?

just checking for some friends :twisted:
Indeed.

Egypt has adopted what has become known as " the Antigonid Search and Rescue Method" of dealing with pirate raids...... :evil:
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

I think Devoncop is beginning to understand what drove the Babylonians and the Romans into tearing down temples.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

SpeedyCM wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:44 am I think Devoncop is beginning to understand what drove the Babylonians and the Romans into tearing down temples.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It has been said before......I am an open book....(and rubbish at poker!)
Greyhunterlp
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Greyhunterlp »

devoncop wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Greyhunterlp wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm I should really post in here.

Saka has accepted a peace treaty from the Selucids, as with the death of our allies, there is just to much land to the south to take.

We will seek other, more peaceful, westernly options for expansion.

(sorry Bactria, you were just in the way....)
If you are still intending to post a you tube lets play on this game I will be very interested to see how the Saka have been to play, never having chosen them as yet.
Yeah, I've got a load of turns built up. I'll set start posting them when we are nearer the end.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

Some issues about the impact of patches on MP games.

From the beta we found it was very easy for people to do their turn using different patches which in turn generated the error message for modified games.

What I'd suggest is that when 1.4 is out Devoncop (don't want to dump responsibility on him but think someone has to set this out) puts something in the thread along the lines 'of make sure you complete T40 using 1.3' or similar. If not, if I recall, teh error message goes away once everyone is using the same scripts but of course its frustrating while it pops up?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

loki100 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:33 pm Some issues about the impact of patches on MP games.

From the beta we found it was very easy for people to do their turn using different patches which in turn generated the error message for modified games.

What I'd suggest is that when 1.4 is out Devoncop (don't want to dump responsibility on him but think someone has to set this out) puts something in the thread along the lines 'of make sure you complete T40 using 1.3' or similar. If not, if I recall, teh error message goes away once everyone is using the same scripts but of course its frustrating while it pops up?
Good point.
I will do that as soon as I have any idea when it is coming out (or if I am unaware then I will send out a message about the script warning to everyone.)
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Those on steam may me be auto-patched without realising it, so it will probably be better just to message everyone to ignore the script warning when the patch comes out.
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

SpeedyCM wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 am Those on steam may me be auto-patched without realising it, so it will probably be better just to message everyone to ignore the script warning when the patch comes out.
Yeah I was thinking about this for our other game. Technically you can revert back to the previous version (usually) in the steam platform options in your library, but that might be a bit too much screwing around and might create even worse problems.

You could ask everyone to just turn off auto-patching for the game in anticipation of the new patch release, but again, I'm sure people will forget.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

ledo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:34 am
SpeedyCM wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 am Those on steam may me be auto-patched without realising it, so it will probably be better just to message everyone to ignore the script warning when the patch comes out.
Yeah I was thinking about this for our other game. Technically you can revert back to the previous version (usually) in the steam platform options in your library, but that might be a bit too much screwing around and might create even worse problems.

You could ask everyone to just turn off auto-patching for the game in anticipation of the new patch release, but again, I'm sure people will forget.
I am sure no one in this game will be using privately modded files.

I think we just ignore the script warnings if they pop up.
ledo

Post by ledo »

No I had the same thought. I was just worried people would freak out when the message popped up. I just ignore it in most cases. I figure its unlikely anyone's actually bothering to mod the game to their advantage, and if they are there's not much I can do about it.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

A couple things to be aware of:
- Data mismatches due to a patch are expected and will not be reported to the players as a mismatch. Players helping with the beta may have seen otherwise due to hotfixes released between proper beta versions.
- Shortly after a patch is available, the server will not allow players to use multiplayer if they are not up to date. Once a game has progressed using a new version, old versions of the game would not be able to play turns correctly and it isn't practical to have players involved in multiple games coordinate when to update otherwise.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Excellent Andrew.

That clarifies things perfectly.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Greyhunterlp wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Greyhunterlp wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm I should really post in here.

Saka has accepted a peace treaty from the Selucids, as with the death of our allies, there is just to much land to the south to take.

We will seek other, more peaceful, westernly options for expansion.

(sorry Bactria, you were just in the way....)
If you are still intending to post a you tube lets play on this game I will be very interested to see how the Saka have been to play, never having chosen them as yet.
Yeah, I've got a load of turns built up. I'll set start posting them when we are nearer the end.
I just had a message that the Saka is decadent and decaying... :D

What sort of wild parties have you got going on up there in the back of beyond ?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

devoncop wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:35 pm
Greyhunterlp wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm

I just had a message that the Saka is decadent and decaying... :D

What sort of wild parties have you got going on up there in the back of beyond ?
och, I'll send a fleet
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

loki100 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 pmoch, I'll send a fleet
Saka's landlocked. Have you invented overland naval transport?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

actually yes ... the Picts sort of did. The place name 'Tarbert' means a portage point between 2 bodies of water (while its actually Norse-Scots Gaelic in origin there is some evidence it was a word adapted from the original Pictish - Irish-Gaelic uses a different word for the same concept), there are (confusingly for many visitors) about 8 small towns with that name across the west of Scotland where 2 bodies of water are close but split by land.

so if the Saka party is good enough ... we'll be there :D

ok we need to dodge some big bouncers on the way, but even the Antigonids can't be everywhere?
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:32 am actually yes ... the Picts sort of did. The place name 'Tarbert' means a portage point between 2 bodies of water (while its actually Norse-Scots Gaelic in origin there is some evidence it was a word adapted from the original Pictish - Irish-Gaelic uses a different word for the same concept), there are (confusingly for many visitors) about 8 small towns with that name across the west of Scotland where 2 bodies of water are close but split by land.
Huh, TIL.

But how are you going to portage your boats all the way to the Caspian? Not really a narrow crossing.
If rivers were navigable, you could go through Russia, but they're not.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”