Field of Glory: Empires Manual

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MarkShot
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Field of Glory: Empires Manual

Post by MarkShot »

Pocus wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 pm To be honest, unless a volunteer step in and port the manual to an online wikia, I don't think a global update will happen. You'll get addenda to the manual, like the diplomacy notes, but that's it. I need to concentrate on things like coding and extra content, sorry.
Well then, stick to coding. I can see you have no future in politics! :)
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Indeed, I don't. Too much dishonesty here. :roll: :lol:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Bombax
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Diplomacy - Read here the Updated Rules

Post by Bombax »

Great stuff, a wonderful update to the game that I'm really enjoying! Thank you!
marlonico
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by marlonico »

Es sin duda alguna un juegazo
figue

Post by figue »

Thank you very much for your post, it helped me a lot
poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by poesel71 »

Daniele wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 am Units: Provide or request special units. The other side doesn’t have to have the actual units in his army, but he needs to be able to produce them. Only provincial units and a very few special units can be requested. There will be an extra fee of 75 Money per unit to be paid by the gifter, so as to cover recruitment and transportation cost (abstracted).
The wording here implies that a unit costs an extra of 75 gold to produce - in addition to the normal costs of production for this unit.
Actually the total cost is 75 gold per unit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Gray Fox
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Gray Fox »

Will it still be possible to acquire a faction's Capital region and it's Objective regions in a transaction? I caused a sort of ruckus by demonstrating the power of this.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
Vishniac
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Vishniac »

Something I'd like with the new diplomacy options is a change to the request to "Make war to..."
As of now, it's just a request falling on deaf ears.
It should be (as always) a transaction: you push some nation (not necessarily an ally) to go to war with another and, just the same as buying a region, you have to pay a price (metal, money, manpower) calculated on their respective military power and such. That would allow proxy wars.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Something more guided then ...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Surt
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Surt »

Nations should not trade away their capital so cheaply.
JoeMK
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JoeMK »

As I noted as early as on July 11th (in 2019!) and had to experience some days ago: there was no and still is no printer-friendly manual. There also haven‘t been yet any reaction/feedback from the publisher. Somehow my feeling is here‘s a significant gap to the way of communication in the Matrix games‘ forum.

But back to the matter of printer-friendly manual. As finally I started to play this game in these days, I made my „own“ manual. It‘s still the same content, and all the changes since release, especially extended diplomacy rules and new game mechanisms from the Persia DLC, all these are not merged in. Regarding these I am working with the „what‘s new“ documentation and the addenda posted by Daniele.

I will upload my printer-friendly manual. As the pdf is a bit more than 10M, I have to upload three parts, all named like „manual_printer-friendly_v5a_Korrektur_00n.7z“ whereby the "n" is out of 1,2,3.

To put the three files together using the app 7z, first rename the files according to
manual_printer-friendly_v5a_Korrektur_00n.7z - - > manual_printer-friendly_v5a_Korrektur.7z.00n .

P.S. Upload does not perform, haven't got any message.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I will look forward to your manual, mainly for the updates, since paper is actually less convenient than PDF for me. Thank you.
Surt

Post by Surt »

JoeMK wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:47 pm P.S. Upload does not perform, haven't got any message.
Forum doesn't allow more than 5MB and only some formats, .7z might not be allowed.
Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

I use WeTransfer to post saved games. It's free.

https://wetransfer.com/

However, the service eventually times out your file.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Actually, Slitherine has the ability to host files (obviously) if they deem them of value.

Before Panthergames terminated their publishing agreement with Slitherine, I had numerous game materials hosted officially which I had produced for their games.

So, that is perhaps an alternative. (Another thing is to host on Steam, I am not sure how much of the player base is Steam. I bought mine from Steam and just get a sticky in this forum to the Steam Workshop.)

Good luck!
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Diplomacia - Lea aquí las Reglas Actualizadas

Post by Laotse1990 »

Daniele wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 am Diplomacy Rules

Units: Provide or request special units. The other side doesn’t have to have the actual units in his army, but he needs to be able to produce them. Only provincial units and a very few special units can be requested. There will be an extra fee of 75 Money per unit to be paid by the gifter, so as to cover recruitment and transportation cost (abstracted).
It says "extra". A question that, as these deals are not included in the accounting clearly and specifically, as it is difficult to know ... When I sell African elephants to the Macedonians... am I paying only 75 per unit I send them? Or am I also paying what the elephants cost in gold, metal and human potential? And, if the latter, am I paying what they currently cost (considering that they are provincial) or what they originally cost? Thank you.
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Laotse1990 »

Daniele wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am Field of Glory: Empires release is nearing and it's time to reveal its Manual. No preview, no sneak peek, the full manual.

In over 200 pages you'll find precious information about basic gameplay, key concepts (like the Legacy and Decadence System), National Traits and more!

Click on the cover below to get the full PDF file! You can also download it through the Download section of its product page

Field of Glory: Empires will be released on July 11th

Important! Field of Gory: Empires will have a printable pdf manual, but not the hardcover

In case anyone is interested in Spanish, you can download it from the link below. I used tools to translate pdf that use the google translate engine. In the same folder that you will download, there is Grognerd's guide on constructions and commercial goods, also translated. You are welcome. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cqcr1n76ajb ... Lufya?dl=0

Puede descargarlo desde el siguiente enlace. Usé herramientas para traducir pdf que utilizan el motor de traducción de Google. En la misma carpeta que descargará, está la guía de Grognerd sobre construcciones y bienes comerciales, De nada.
greu

Post by greu »

Pour ceux qui veulent le manuel en français, je me suis "amusé" à le traduire intégralement, en incluant les nouvelles règles diplomatiques issues de la mise à jour 1.10 et répertoriées sur la première page de ce topic.
Voici le lien :
manuel Field of Glory Empires en français - https://greu-drive.mycozy.cloud/public? ... zaQzYFW3m5

Bonne lecture !

For those who want the manual in French, I had fun translating it completely, including the new diplomatic rules from the 1.10 update and listed on the first page of this topic.

Have a good reading!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Je dis bravo!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”