Pyrrhus Scenario

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

benzidrine
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Pyrrhus Scenario

Post by benzidrine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:25 pm

I'm not seeing how this scenario is winnable when playing as Rome? The enemy army seems to be overwhelmingly strong and I can't see how it would be possible to oppose them? I generally lose in three turns. Any ideas on how to stop the march on Rome.

gwgardner
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Pyrrhus Scenario

Post by gwgardner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 pm

spoiler, don't look below if you want to learn by experience:

Make sure you have appointed your top defensive general to your main army in Latium. Then be patient, let the enemy come to you. They are aggressive. Meanwhile, immediately build up your army.

It's a short scenario (unless you decide to continue it on after a victory by either side), so your management of your regions/provinces is a short-term thing - make sure you're getting good income, not overbuilding your army, but getting the most of your manpower, equipment, and makeup of your army(s).

Once you have taken it on the chin from the enemy for a turn or two, appoint your strongest offensive general, and push back.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”