Empires Discount for Field of Glory II Players

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Empires Discount for Field of Glory II Players

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you bought Field of Glory II from our store you can use the serial number to get a 25% discount off of Field of Glory Empires. This matches the bundle discount you get if you purchase on Steam. To get this discount you need to enter your FoG2 serial in the coupon box, and then click Update and the page will refresh and will update to show the discount. Then you can complete the order. Please check this thread for on how to use a coupon:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4269624

Please note - If you bought on Steam, you have to use the “Complete your bundle option” to get the discount on Steam. You cannot get a discount on our store or vice versa.

These coupons are valid for 1 month from today.
heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Empires Discount for Field of Glory II Players

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

Thank you for clarifying this! I will buy it from slitherine so you get the max money <3
Stuie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stuie »

I'm a little pissed off that we're learning this now... I already made the purchase before any of this was advertised. Guess I won't be so anxious to support Slitherine in the future...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes this is a little late and I understand your frustration. It was only suggested after release so we put it together as quick as we could. If you mail support@slitherine.co.uk with your purchase number and FoG II serial we'll refund you the 25%. We were trying to help out but it has backfired :)
TSkoopCRP
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by TSkoopCRP »

Do both the Slitherine site discount and the Steam site discount only last a month from today ? Since both the discounts are linked to being an FOG II owner, why not just let it run indefinitely ?
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

Just to clarify, by "our store" do you mean Slitherine's, or Slitherine's or Matrix's?

I buy all my games from Matrix just to keep everything in one place...
Stuie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stuie »

IainMcNeil wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:38 pm Yes this is a little late and I understand your frustration. It was only suggested after release so we put it together as quick as we could. If you mail support@slitherine.co.uk with your purchase number and FoG II serial we'll refund you the 25%. We were trying to help out but it has backfired :)
I appreciate that. Looks like I bought FOG II on Steam so I'm out of luck. No worries though - happy to support the company. :D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Slitherine / Matrix is interchangeable. The stores share the same backend so either is fine.

The only reason we don't completely merge it is some people would have a heart attack if either the Slitherine or Matrix name / logo disappeared :)

We are rolling out bundles on our site (well new site) as soon as possible but hopefully in July. This will mean it will work exactly like Steam so the coupons wont be needed and layered on top of the bundle would give a double discount so we have to time limit them.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

IainMcNeil wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 pm If you bought Field of Glory II from our store you can use the serial number to get a 25% discount off of Field of Glory Empires.
If you bought on Steam, you have to use the “Complete your bundle option” to get the discount on Steam. You cannot get a discount on our store or vice versa.
And if some wants to prefer buying on GOG? rather than from one who prefer Steam customers.
Yeah, if you actually prefered your own store, not equally with Steam, I'll buy from Slitherine (which is even more drm-free than GOG, if we ignore these Steam keys to a 3rd party program).
diji

Post by diji »

Is this available if you buy Field of Glory II now or only for owners of the game prior to the release of Empires? Also, is it possible to stack this discount with the beta discount coupon that got emailed? Pardon my greed.
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

I bought both games when they first came out. Please donate my coupon amount to the more UI tooltips fund.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The system only allows one coupon at a time unfortunately.

We don't have a similar system to steam keys for GoG currently.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

I purchased Empires on Steam and got a 15% discount but paid less than the 25% discount offered? I would like to register the product on Slitherine but did not receive a serial number from Steam. How do I get a serial number?

Cheers
Martin
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately Steam stopped that system and no longer allow us to issue serials to register your game with us, so currently we have no mechanic for registering your game bought on steam with us :(
Sillyflower
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sillyflower »

IainMcNeil wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 am Slitherine / Matrix is interchangeable. The stores share the same backend so either is fine.

The only reason we don't completely merge it is some people would have a heart attack if either the Slitherine or Matrix name / logo disappeared :)

I would only have a heart attack if the combined outfit used your forum system instead of Matrix's. The latter is much more user-friendly IMHO.
Nothing to stop the combined firm having a combined name. Works everywhere else in the world.
Post: I'm always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box art they will think I'm some kind of neo Nazi
Reply: They already know you are a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sadly the Matrix forum is held together with sticky tape and a prayer. The code base is ancient and unsupportable so it will be replaced by PHPBB at some point. If there are specific features you'd like to see then let us know.
ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ringoblood »

IainMcNeil wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:59 pm Sadly the Matrix forum is held together with sticky tape and a prayer. The code base is ancient and unsupportable so it will be replaced by PHPBB at some point. If there are specific features you'd like to see then let us know.
sticky tape and a prayer, good one Iain, lol, personally I like the Format of the Matrix Forum, but I do understand the code needs updating. :!:

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”