Rivers??

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Rivers??

Post by Blathergut » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 am

Do rivers cost extra mp? I moved an army across a river into an independent region. Another nation also moved into it the same turn. They took the region and I bounced back to my original location. Why? Because I was slower moving?

smartspick
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Rivers??

Post by smartspick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:20 am

Yes, they do cost more to move into. If you hover over the province with and army selected you will see it is about one more MP point usually that normal. But I am more worried about Rivers not giving the defender a bonus.IT doesnt seem to give a defender a bonus to defend behind a major river. What kind of strategy game is that that doesn't take into account River crossing attack!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 am

There are no river crossing battles. It wasn't possible in the period. There were streams that you crossed and had impact on a battlefield but rivers you see on the campaign map are far too big to be crossed in a battle. You also wont see any amphibious landings.

smartspick

Post by smartspick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you for the reply.

But just wondering, didn't Alea Iacta Est have a river crossing penalty? I'm just curious why the decision was made to implement rivers this way for this game. Province size?

loki100
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by loki100 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:43 am

Different scale, it also showed smaller rivers where sometimes a battle could occur at a Ford. Also the effect was just for the first round of a battle in the old AGE system

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”