Micromanagement.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stormbringer3
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Micromanagement.

Post by stormbringer3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm

How micromanagement intensive is this game? There seems to be so many different decisions in each province such as buildings, troops, etc. every turn. I played WitE for a few months and gave up on it because managing the Support Units was just tedious for me.
Thanks for any opinions.

echos
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Micromanagement.

Post by echos » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:46 pm

it's 50% micro and 50% management

rs2excelsior
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rs2excelsior » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:01 pm

You can kind of choose the degree of micro. Once you form provinces you can set priorities for population and buildings and leave it be, or you can continue to make your choices manually. Personally I haven’t given the AI control of my provinces so I don’t know how good it is at its job.

budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:27 pm

This worried me when I was considering buying. Micro in the mid to late game of the 4X genre games just got tedious. Of course it all depends on your level of what is to much. I think the province mechanic will lessen that, and there is the automation ( haven't used that yet) and the fact that the goal isnt so much world domination as making your nation great and stand the test of time through the legacy mechanic. I'm on turn 100 playing a smaller nation and it hasn't ticked the tedious meter for me yet. I imagine even the larger nation's won't be too much, but don't know for sure as haven't reached that stage. Most turns there are things you have to deal with as your the turns are a year and as your nation's rises and falls with the times. With the units your generally managing stacks of units, instead of single units. Getting your economy humming does take some micro, mostly deciding what to build and how to maximize things, so far I enjoy this aspect. The very nature of the game makes it difficult for any nation to constantly expand, you definitely have to plan your way forward. I'm no longer worried about the micro management is the best thing I can say.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”