Defensive structures and civil war/rebellions

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Beorn
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Defensive structures and civil war/rebellions

Post by Beorn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:14 pm

I have been playing my first "serious" game as Dacia, and making liberal use of their faction advantage of strong defensive structures. Now that I am approaching the mid-game, cities are getting larger, loyalty is a bit more of an issue, and the possibility of eventually falling a civilization level looms, and it occurs to me...

If a rebellion occurs, it will be the rebels inside that nigh impregnable city. :!:

So before I react strategically, I want to check with those who have more experience with the game. Am I basically correct that rebels get the defensive structures, in fully working condition? Am I correct that these rebellions are initially un-resistable, that a garrison might discourage rebellion, but if a rebellion occurs it automatically holds that city? Am I correct that the only real defense against this occurring is loyalty, that high loyalty cities will not rebel? So that it is extremely important for high defense cities to also be maintained at high loyalty?

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Defensive structures and civil war/rebellions

Post by 13obo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Just yesterday night I had a civil war with rome where 2 usurpers spawned in south italy and carthage areas respectively. I can confirm that the usurpers get a chunk of a few regions from your empire around the area that has troublesome loyalty and keep all buildings inside. They also spawn with an army.

However, your army in the area is retained by you and doesn't flip even if in a region that flips to the enemy (i. E. Only the garrisons switch sides by virtue of being a part of the region).

So to answer your question, yes, you'll have to reconquer those fortresses.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”