Sharing Infrastructure in a Province

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

matt3916
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Sharing Infrastructure in a Province

Post by matt3916 »

Situation: I'm building in only Region A within a province. To maximize culture in Region B within the same province I've removed all population from infrastructure, leaving a net inf. in Region B of -1. My overall infrastructure in the province is +42.

Here's the question. Are buildings in Region B subject to collapse from lack of infrastructure? Or will the AI allot one of the total province inf. to maintenance in Region B and apply the other 41 to building the structure in Region A?
MoLAoS
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Sharing Infrastructure in a Province

Post by MoLAoS »

matt3916 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am Situation: I'm building in only Region A within a province. To maximize culture in Region B within the same province I've removed all population from infrastructure, leaving a net inf. in Region B of -1. My overall infrastructure in the province is +42.

Here's the question. Are buildings in Region B subject to collapse from lack of infrastructure? Or will the AI allot one of the total province inf. to maintenance in Region B and apply the other 41 to building the structure in Region A?
You can check this in game by simple hovering over regional infrastructure. It should have a line in the infrastructure data saying the value after provincial resource sharing.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

MoLAoS wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:51 am
matt3916 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am Situation: I'm building in only Region A within a province. To maximize culture in Region B within the same province I've removed all population from infrastructure, leaving a net inf. in Region B of -1. My overall infrastructure in the province is +42.

You can check this in game by simple hovering over regional infrastructure. It should have a line in the infrastructure data saying the value after provincial resource sharing.
infra sharing only happens if you have at least one region not building, food sharing is automatic. So if you want to protect a region's buildings make sure that one is not building (this includes not being able to build as there are no vacant slots)
Ezekiel
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Ezekiel »

In my experience, infrastructure sharing always happens and prevents loss of buildings in regions with negative infrastructure income. With 2 caveats:

1) I have never tried having zero buildings being built in a province (because I have heard that no infrastructure accumulates then).
2) The distribution mechanic is a bit difficult to predict because it redistributes both generated and stockpiled infrastructure and may not do so evenly.

But, I am confident that buildings are built in regions with negative infrastructure even if buildings are being built in all regions. And I have seen a total of one building collapse from lack of infrastructure after about 60 hours in game and I often have negative infrastructure income in individual regions.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

you need at least one in production (I think shuffling counts for this) or there is no sharing

building loss is statistically rare, unless linked to additional factors

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”