PBEM Nostalgia

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Chaosbadger
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

PBEM Nostalgia

Post by Chaosbadger »

I've just started dabbling in the multiplayer and really enjoying it. I've not played many PBEM games, but I like the slow pace and being able to sit and ponder each move. Back in the late eighties, I played a Play by Mail game called Super Vorcon Wars (yes - I'm that old) and it kind of reminds me of that. You had to wait a whole week for your moves to come back in the post. I think the anticipation of waiting for the next turn to drop through the letterbox made it more exciting!

Having said that, I'm not doing very well in any of my games:

Game 1: Macedonia - started out far too aggressively and now I'm at war with all of Greece
Game 2: Antigonos - the empire is far too big an area to manage easily and 9 AI empires are at war with me.
Game 3: Media - Stuck on the other side of the map while all the other human empires are on the Iberian peninsula. No room to expand
Game 4: Syracusae - Scared that AI Carthage will wipe me out before I can do anything meaningful

I guess it's all a learning experience!
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: PBEM Nostalgia

Post by 13obo »

Heya, doesn't sound like you're doing too bad! Remember to exploit your 'non-AI'-ness- for ex. you can ry surprising human players with naval landings behind their main army.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”