Combat Rolls Regenerated??

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Combat Rolls Regenerated??

Post by Blathergut » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm

If I save just before entering an enemy region, if I reload that save, do the combat dice rolls remain the same? (Like save-scumming in XCom?) Or will the rolls be new ones and my results possibly different?

mgardner
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Combat Rolls Regenerated??

Post by mgardner » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:55 pm

I am guilty of save scumming too. Sometimes I see the AI do something silly like using militia instead of light horse for skirmishers, or I find I am the attacker when I thought I would be defender and I have reloaded in these cases. I think if you reload from auto save and simply end your turn right away, you will always get the same result (just based on observations, I do not know this for a fact). But if you reload and make a tweak to the army (even by REMOVING a unit that was not involved in the fight) then the results can be different.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”