My opinion on FOG empires

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Bivox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

My opinion on FOG empires

Post by Bivox »

I bought the game from steam and had a blast . Great concept strategy game I love how units , structure and nations play differently and specially the synergy between buildings.

I think here are some points to improve the game :

- more choices in war. This should be a option specially for Hellenic nation to be able to liberate a nation or give back territory to ally which allow you to decrease decadence and boost opinion of liberated nation. Ability to create client state to reduce decadence and improve governance most classical nation did this

- A better management for high level population cities. If you after a level of population no matter how many loyalty buildings and culture you generate the unrest is unmanageable. In my rome playthrought , the Italian city had zero loyalty but are supposed citizen of my nation. So how a boost to loyalty from assimilation , and maybe a cap on how much population a region can support.

- prosperity and devastation mechanism. If your territory is raided you suffer penalties but if you region is at peace and generate goods like cloth and extra food they should contributed to happiness and loyalty because in ancient time having enough food were very important and famine and riots they caused were dangerous. I think they are too much concentration on spawning culture building to stop decadence.

- A like a bit more choices in upgraded my military. A decision to rominize my military ( as Hellenic nations) as did the Seuleucid and other nation . Maybe build a military tradition tree for nation to further customize my military.

- an improvement interaction with government pass laws , appoint advisors and governors with policies on different areas. Some autonomy to be able to manage large empires.

-
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: My opinion on FOG empires

Post by Pocus »

Some interesting remarks, but we are not done and plan to add more to the game. Did you try the new update with the added buildings that would help fighting unrest?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Bivox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: My opinion on FOG empires

Post by Bivox »

Yes 1.03 . Kinda ruined my rome playthrought . But Seuleucid had better luck. I had to minimize population growth and spam infrastructure and cultural holdings. Just one thing Greeks like Romans did build military colonies in conquered areas to facilitate assimilation . Alexander did that in his conquest.

I may suggest also some political events . Like for Seuleucid they get option to go to war against indians or cede territory to them but squire an alliance and Indian elephant units. Making political marriage for monarchy to boost relianship and alliance is usefull and historically correct.

Another important feature in old world is the spice trade . For rome , Egypt was the most important province due to trade with India and represented a third of it's income. This is why they try to conquer Mesopotamia to increase that trade.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”