Buildings: estimated changes vs bonus effects

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

mihnea_1309
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Buildings: estimated changes vs bonus effects

Post by mihnea_1309 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:20 pm

So I'm confused about the building proposal screen. Most of the time, it looks like the Estimated Changes section takes into account the presence of Bonus good described below it. Sorry I don't have an screenshot, but a good example is the Market, which shows an estimated income anywhere between 10-30 gold, depending on available Goods.

But then there're situations like this:

where it's pretty clear that the Bonus for the presence of Papyrus is not taken into account for the Estimated Changes. So I was wondering, is this inconsistency intended, or a bug? The problem is of course, sometimes you can't tell if the Bonus is added to the Estimate, when considering which building to propose...

Lucasiewicz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Buildings: estimated changes vs bonus effects

Post by Lucasiewicz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I think it's not taking them into account because you probably don't really have a source of papyrus? Are you sure you've got papyrus in the same region or it's adjacent regions? I mean a proper source of papyrus, not a building that "simulates" importing papyrus where there is none to be imported.

mihnea_1309

Post by mihnea_1309 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Lucasiewicz wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm
I think it's not taking them into account because you probably don't really have a source of papyrus? Are you sure you've got papyrus in the same region or it's adjacent regions? I mean a proper source of papyrus, not a building that "simulates" importing papyrus where there is none to be imported.
No, it's available...it's imported as Necessary into the 2 provinces to the East of it (which have Preceptor Houses). You can also tell it's available because numerical values are green instead of red (also no 'missing' label).

Ragu777
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ragu777 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

because you have modifier that lower you culture production (recently conquered or similar, don't remember exatly for this icon)

estimated changes show changes not only with bonus- also with all modifiers that affect this region

mihnea_1309

Post by mihnea_1309 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Ragu777 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm
because you have modifier that lower you culture production (recently conquered or similar, don't remember exatly for this icon)

estimated changes show changes not only with bonus- also with all modifiers that affect this region
Oh OK, that makes sense! If the estimate takes into account absolutely everything than that's perfect. Thanks! :)

LDiCesare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by LDiCesare » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:01 am

One thing that is not shown is the impact of imported goods.
For instance if you build a wax-producing building that requires some honey, the preview doesn't show you that importing honey will net you 5 money from another building and that the was will give you 5+10 culture from 2 other buildings.
So you may want to open the trade panel of the province to see these effects.

mihnea_1309

Post by mihnea_1309 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm

LDiCesare wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:01 am
One thing that is not shown is the impact of imported goods.
For instance if you build a wax-producing building that requires some honey, the preview doesn't show you that importing honey will net you 5 money from another building and that the was will give you 5+10 culture from 2 other buildings.
So you may want to open the trade panel of the province to see these effects.
Yeah, I know, that's quite bothersome. I wish the building preview would at least say something like 'Importing this good would benefit X adjacent regions', just to signal that you should check for the bonuses. I like the resource mini-game but constantly checking the trade screen when you have 50+ provinces becomes boring fast.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 am

I'll note that, but no promise or delay. First we will have to see if that's complex to pull out (including not too calculation intensive) as that would be something triggered very often.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”