Any Multiplayer Games Open?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

desertedfox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Any Multiplayer Games Open?

Post by desertedfox » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am

I have serious reservations about games without the "Big 6".

I am already in one where Antigos went AI and left a huge power vacuum.

We don't have anyone playing Antigos or Seleucid so far in this game...for me a big worry, though I am sure Ptolemy is quite happy.

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by devoncop » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am

I will take one of the big two and switch if you think it is more balanced.

I dont mind. :)

13obo
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by 13obo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 pm

I wanted to switch but I can't as the host... So would be great if someone does.

desertedfox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by desertedfox » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:45 pm

devoncop wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am
I will take one of the big two and switch if you think it is more balanced.

I dont mind. :)
+1

avgard
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by avgard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:35 pm

If you sign in to the game on the FOGE site, there is generally a game recruiting. If not, start one yourself. Usually fill in a few days and then start.

desertedfox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by desertedfox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 am

So some idiot has modded their game and decidied to partake in this MP game.

If the script message still appears in two turns, I'll be abandoning this game.

Slitherine please do something about modded games joining people with non modded games.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wulfburk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:25 am

A quick file check mode should be enabled by the host, so that every time you click to join a server (or perhaps just every time you log on to the multiplayer account) your files are checked as in steam, for me it takes less than a minute.

Also the script warning also saying who are you different to would be good. That way the person having a corrupted or modded game without knowing would know it was him causing it, and would then go fix it.

Morbio
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Morbio » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am

I think it would be great if the ledger, or some other screen, could show the players and their game version, stating whether any mods are present. This would enable the player to know that they have to remove/disable the mod. alternatively, give the host the power to boot someone from the game if they don't remove the mod.

It is most frustrating that when you spend time and effort to set up a large MP game that a modder joins and then people leave the game because of it.

Cenobyte
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Cenobyte » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Guys, this is just crazy. Now I know why Ptolemaic Egypt was never as expansionist as some of the other successor states: The Egyptian army is just not up to the task :D

First case was a naval battle vs. devoncop (Antigonids). Horrendous defeat, but arguably somewhat historical (I think in real history Egypt also suffered a disastrous naval defeat at Cyprus).
This turn another defeat vs. Nubia (AI). And not just a defeat with some minor losses, no, the whole army was completely wiped out.

Both times I has supposedly superior combat power.

laramieela
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by laramieela » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:27 am

Interesting discourse. Is anyone else limited by the 16 faction limit? I want to host a 32 faction game and was disappointed that it was not possible. I do think the main factions need human players. Interesting discourse about passwords. I typically play only with those I know, so I use a password. Never knew there was a riffraff out there of game wanna be's.
Sorry, kind of a random note, but I wonder why a game cannot host every faction as a live player.

aka Durk

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:42 am

Cenobyte wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 pm
Guys, this is just crazy. Now I know why Ptolemaic Egypt was never as expansionist as some of the other successor states: The Egyptian army is just not up to the task :D

First case was a naval battle vs. devoncop (Antigonids). Horrendous defeat, but arguably somewhat historical (I think in real history Egypt also suffered a disastrous naval defeat at Cyprus).
This turn another defeat vs. Nubia (AI). And not just a defeat with some minor losses, no, the whole army was completely wiped out.

That naval battle could definitely have gone either way.

As to combat power you have to be very careful relying on it. It takes no account of the strength of opposing generals, new troops arriving the turn of the battle, the terrain where the battle takes place (as opposed to the terrain involved when combat power is checked), whether a unit is attacking or defending etc etc.....

Also, as someone who plays the Ptolemaics a lot.......the Nubians are a serious pain in the ass !

Egypt is a slow burner of a nation. Early land offensive operations against big powers I try to avoid until the economy is much more robust and it's poor manpower levels boosted.

Cenobyte

Post by Cenobyte » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:53 pm

devoncop wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:42 am
Cenobyte wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 pm

That naval battle could definitely have gone either way.

As to combat power you have to be very careful relying on it. It takes no account of the strength of opposing generals, new troops arriving the turn of the battle, the terrain where the battle takes place (as opposed to the terrain involved when combat power is checked), whether a unit is attacking or defending etc etc.....

Also, as someone who plays the Ptolemaics a lot.......the Nubians are a serious pain in the ass !

Egypt is a slow burner of a nation. Early land offensive operations against big powers I try to avoid until the economy is much more robust and it's poor manpower levels boosted.
Yeah, I guess that's true. This turn my defenders fared better than expected.

Anyway, I hope you read my message in the game chat: I'm open for peace. I would also suggest to move your army out of the way in Egypt...

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:35 pm

I always read the game chat very carefully :D

I am sure we can reach an agreement !

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”