Maurya has one unique structure: the Abu Parvat Fortress.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

duirixuanyan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Maurya has one unique structure: the Abu Parvat Fortress.

Post by duirixuanyan »

Maurya has one unique structure: the Abu Parvat Fortress. How does it work?
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Maurya has one unique structure: the Abu Parvat Fortress.

Post by loki100 »

the in-game tool-tip gives a lot of information, but basically it allows you to shift units off map to the east (you get benefits for this) or back to the on-map west as needed
duirixuanyan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by duirixuanyan »

loki100 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:52 am the in-game tool-tip gives a lot of information, but basically it allows you to shift units off map to the east (you get benefits for this) or back to the on-map west as needed
I understand. Is it worthy?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

yes, it gives the faction a lot of flexibility that is otherwise lacking (since to expand purely on the map means war with the Seleucids)
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You can achieve two things with the fortress. One is to get extra "free unit upkeep" because you conquer (this is abstracted) cities in the east. The second is that you can send units (so you lose them) but then when you are at war you can get equivalent units. So basically you can at peace put in "storage" units, and then you can pull them when at war.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
duirixuanyan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by duirixuanyan »

Pocus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:22 pm You can achieve two things with the fortress. One is to get extra "free unit upkeep" because you conquer (this is abstracted) cities in the east. The second is that you can send units (so you lose them) but then when you are at war you can get equivalent units. So basically you can at peace put in "storage" units, and then you can pull them when at war.
Thank you for answering.

2 more questions:

1.How many free unit upkeep can I get at most? Is there a limit?

2."when you are at war you can get equivalent units"
So I don't get the same units I send away, right?
Does "equivalent" mean that the units' force I get is equal to that of "storage" units?
So if I send away 148 force, do I get 148 force back in total?

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”