Field of Glory II has been updated, with two FOG Empires nice implementations!

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II has been updated, with two FOG Empires nice implementations!

Post by Daniele » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi everybody,

Field of Glory II has been updated to version 1.4.18. While this is mainly an update about specific FOG2 gameplay mechanics, if you own both FOG2 and FOG Empires it adds a couple of significant options for the latter.

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 14#p802814

Important! All of the patch's updates are for FOG2, you can't make use of them without FOG2

Field of Glory: Empires:
o Added option (in More Options in Settings in FOG2) to use FOG2 Difficulty settings for Empires battles. This is off by default. If it is turned on, Empires battles will use FOG2 difficulty settings. This means that the conversion ratio for the enemy units will be adjusted according to the same scale as used in FOG2 Campaigns – so they will get more FOG2 units on higher difficulty levels. In addition, on Deity level unit quality is adjusted slightly in favour of the enemy, and on Centurion level unit quality is adjusted slightly in favour of the player. If the default setting is selected, no FOG2 difficulty adjustments will apply.

o Added option (in More Options in Settings in FOG2) to adjust the size of Empires battles between 50% and 150% of the default conversion ratio.

GBISSET
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Field of Glory II has been updated, with two FOG Empires nice implementations!

Post by GBISSET » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks for the battle size adjustment! Perhaps in future you could extend this to choosing the size for each individual battle. I like to reduce the really large battles, and increase the size of the really small ones. I am going to try to do this manually in the preferences for each battle, but it would be nice if the program asked me battle by battle.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Field of Glory II has been updated, with two FOG Empires nice implementations!

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:42 am

GBISSET wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for the battle size adjustment! Perhaps in future you could extend this to choosing the size for each individual battle. I like to reduce the really large battles, and increase the size of the really small ones. I am going to try to do this manually in the preferences for each battle, but it would be nice if the program asked me battle by battle.
But the time it took to answer the question would not be less than setting the preferences each time, and it would be annoying for those who don't want to constantly adjust the conversion ratio.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”