Bribing

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

niklot_slith
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bribing

Post by niklot_slith » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:11 pm

As I see there are no possibility to bribe units, generals or cities. I really miss that layer of warfare and diplomacy especially in the period full of mercenaries and a general lack of a modern sense of nationalism. So my question to developer: is there any chance to add that kind of actions within the future updates/patches/expansions? If not, why?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Bribing

Post by Pocus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 pm

That's always difficult for me to not say too much about what is planned while not frustrating you the players who want to know!

In the old AGEOD games, we had some tools to target specifically regions or armies or units. We are considering doing something close to that in Empires, so actions like bribing could be done... I can't say when though, but as I said in another post, don't consider Empires to be done, we plan to add a lot of extra features in late 2019 and in 2020.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 am

Good to hear there may be more AGEOD elements. On bribing, there may be too much or too little gold in some reaches of the known world. game and could get out of hand.

niklot_slith

Post by niklot_slith » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Great to see Pocus that you announce a plethora of improvements for us :) I really appreciate that model of product development, especially regarding product targeted to such demanding but also patient clientele ;)

Addition of bribing element would enhance decisions on the map layer. Fight or retreat, fight or bribe - such decicions are fun, challenging, especially if they contain a significant risk factor, for instance a harsh penalty for failed bribing attempt (lost money, drop in relationship points).

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”