Absorbing a client state?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Jagger2002
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Absorbing a client state?

Post by Jagger2002 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 am

I have a client state but I don't have the option to absorb the client state. What do I need to do to create the option to absorb the client state? Are there any negative consequences to absorbing a client state?

LDiCesare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Absorbing a client state?

Post by LDiCesare » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 am

You never have the option, but the client state will give you territories if they are adjacent to several of your own territories. Also if it's not their capital. So if they are an island, you're stuck, otherwise, they will turn the border territories over time.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

That will be amended to 1.04 so that if they have only a single region, they will accept full absorption.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Thanks all. So the client state may give me regions but not the capital. Changes with the new patch so that even the capital can be donated.

Hurz_slith
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Hurz_slith » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

I would rather hope for a contrary option to keep my client states alive. In my Carthage campaign I managed to convince some tribes to become my clients. I planned to let them hold the deserts in the South and lands in East Spain. Initially it worked but then it broke down completely.

1. They gift me regions I do not want and weaken themselves with it
- I would love to have an option to reject these gifts
2. They disperse their troops in my lands and are vulnerable to rising rebels in their territory and shrink with time
3. I cannot do my job as "protector". When I arrive with my army in a clients land besieged by enemies, they normally have just lost the siege at the start of the turn and I reconquer it for myself.
- I wonder if it would be a nice solution that you return lands to allies and clients if you take it back immediately (maybe as long as the province has the newly conquered tag?)

BTW: I really like that you cannot just create clients out of the blue but that you have to work hard to convince them to it. But I would also like to be able to keep them and to build a strategy around it.

TimDee58
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by TimDee58 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Hurz_slith wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm
I would rather hope for a contrary option to keep my client states alive. In my Carthage campaign I managed to convince some tribes to become my clients. I planned to let them hold the deserts in the South and lands in East Spain. Initially it worked but then it broke down completely.

1. They gift me regions I do not want and weaken themselves with it
- I would love to have an option to reject these gifts
2. They disperse their troops in my lands and are vulnerable to rising rebels in their territory and shrink with time
3. I cannot do my job as "protector". When I arrive with my army in a clients land besieged by enemies, they normally have just lost the siege at the start of the turn and I reconquer it for myself.
- I wonder if it would be a nice solution that you return lands to allies and clients if you take it back immediately (maybe as long as the province has the newly conquered tag?)

BTW: I really like that you cannot just create clients out of the blue but that you have to work hard to convince them to it. But I would also like to be able to keep them and to build a strategy around it.
excellent ideas
Please support 'The Street DoG (Dogs of Georgia) Project' https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-street-dog-project

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Probably these options will disappear once a more complete diplomacy module is in the game.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”