Brilliant strategy by Rome AI

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Brilliant strategy by Rome AI

Post by vaalen »

In my current game as Judea, Rome leads the world in legacy, and has for many turns.

Rome has taken all of Italy, southern Germany, Illyria, Dalmatia, Dardania, and the surrounding areas, Epirus, Greece, Macedonia, Thracia, nearly all of Anatolia,
and southern Gaul.

They have not had a major war with Carthage.

Their secret? After more than two hundred and twenty turns, they are still a republic. No legacy boosts for being an empire, but no civil wars, and they have by far the highest legacy score.

I will try this strategy of remaining as a republic next time I play Rome.
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Brilliant strategy by Rome AI

Post by ledo »

vaalen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:05 pm In my current game as Judea, Rome leads the world in legacy, and has for many turns.

Rome has taken all of Italy, southern Germany, Illyria, Dalmatia, Dardania, and the surrounding areas, Epirus, Greece, Macedonia, Thracia, nearly all of Anatolia,
and southern Gaul.

Their secret? After more than two hundred and twenty turns, they are still a republic. No legacy boosts for being an empire, but no civil wars, and they have by far the highest legacy score.

Interesting. I would assume they've been sitting on Glorious for quite some time thought now yeah? Interesting that they're managing to avoid a decline, particularly with all that conquest.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Interesting. I would assume they've been sitting on Glorious for quite some time thought now yeah? Interesting that they're managing to avoid a decline, particularly with all that conquest.
[/quote]

Yes, they have been sitting on glorious for a very long time. However, they have just begun a war with Carthage, which controls most of Africa west of Egypt, Southern Spain, Sicily, and Sardinia. Except that the Romans have just taken Syracuse. As the mighty Judean theocracy, which has also been sitting on glorious for a long time,I am tempted to attack them while they are fighting Carthage, and go after their territory in Anatolia. But the risk is great.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

ledo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 am
vaalen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:05 pm In my current game as Judea, Rome leads the world in legacy, and has for many turns.

and southern Gaul.

This is similar to one of my SP games, where as Epirus I control a large area and am leading in Legacy and I have never had any decline or rebellions whatsoever, I go from Glorious Empire to Glorious Empire!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

It is more and more difficult to not move to Empire as Rome, except if you alternate between stable and old, as government age can become a serious issue.

In the next patch what's more, you won't have Imperial legions without being in Empire. Makes sense, but somehow it was not the case!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”