Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Post Reply
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am

Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by Daniele » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:52 am

In Field of Glory: Empires almost every province in the game has a unique unit. These units are often quite powerful or have unique traits but the cost of each unit will increase as you raise more.

Provincial units are usually slightly more effective than the generic unit of their type. In addition, some are very useful such as archers and some cavalry units. Others are a very powerful and valuable addition to any army.

Wondering what type of Provincial Unit will you unlock in Hiberia? Or are you in desperate need for some good Infantry Unit and want to know where to recruit it?

Check the infographic below and discover how massive the world of Field of Glory: Empires is.

Image

lostangelonline
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 am
Contact:

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by lostangelonline » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:43 am

Looks cool. Thanks. Would also be useful to access this info in-game, as I wanted to find in what region/province are recruited my enemy's "Lydian archers" (who ads +3 attack support to Silver Shields, Companions, Phalanx, etc. and makes the Antigonids army quite OP/unbeatable) so that I might be able to conquer it. Though even with this list I do not know where are "Lydian archers" recruited?
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod

jimwinsor
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by jimwinsor » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Bactrian Horse Archers (Skirmish Cavalry) seem to be missing.
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

saikoren
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by saikoren » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am

lostangelonline wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:43 am
Looks cool. Thanks. Would also be useful to access this info in-game, as I wanted to find in what region/province are recruited my enemy's "Lydian archers" (who ads +3 attack support to Silver Shields, Companions, Phalanx, etc. and makes the Antigonids army quite OP/unbeatable) so that I might be able to conquer it. Though even with this list I do not know where are "Lydian archers" recruited?
As far as i know all archers add +3 attack support. You can find lydian archers in asia minor province

lostangelonline
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 am
Contact:

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by lostangelonline » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:09 pm

saikoren wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am
As far as i know all archers add +3 attack support. You can find lydian archers in asia minor province
Thanks Saikoren. Though I am pretty sure I've never had +3 support from archers, only +1 or +2 support, and I pay attention to this detail. As far as I understand, support=round(ranged_attack/3) (XP does not count), so only archers with R.A. 8+ will have +3 A.S.
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 2654
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by Pocus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 am

Let me add an extra missing info. At Civilization Level III, the Maurya empire will provide elephants, not chariots in the Indus Valley (listed here as Heavy Cavalry, as this is their base category)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Seamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by Seamus » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Is it just me, or . . . are Italian Foot kinda crap?

jimwinsor
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by jimwinsor » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am

Seamus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
Is it just me, or . . . are Italian Foot kinda crap?
Great for sieges and swamp battles, and far cheaper than Legions and Alae respectively.
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Seamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by Seamus » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 am

jimwinsor wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am
Seamus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
Is it just me, or . . . are Italian Foot kinda crap?
Great for sieges and swamp battles, and far cheaper than Legions and Alae respectively.
Ah okay. So they don't get disrupted in swamp tiles? Are they better than any other unit for sieges or just a very cost-effective option, say as good as legions but cheaper to muster?

jimwinsor
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by jimwinsor » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:49 am

Seamus wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 am
jimwinsor wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 am
Seamus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
Is it just me, or . . . are Italian Foot kinda crap?
Great for sieges and swamp battles, and far cheaper than Legions and Alae respectively.
Ah okay. So they don't get disrupted in swamp tiles? Are they better than any other unit for sieges or just a very cost-effective option, say as good as legions but cheaper to muster?
The latter.
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 am

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by poesel71 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 am

Could you please make this information available as a text file?

desertedfox
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by desertedfox » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:12 pm

poesel71 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 am
Could you please make this information available as a text file?
Send me a PM with your email, I have an xl file with them all on. Think I found it on steam but can't find it again now to put a link.

Geffalrus
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Provincial Units Infographic - Full List

Post by Geffalrus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Is there any plan to include FoG 2 unit translation information to this list of provincial units?

I ask because now that I'm doing more export battles, I'm seeing some nice advantages to certain provincial units. For example, Osroene Cavalry look like a regular unit of skirmish cavalry, but when you export them to FoG 2, they turn into a unit or two of light javelin cav - and - a unit of medium horse archers. Another example is Comagene Cavalry; unlike normal cavalry who will have average morale in FoG 2, Comagene turn into Superior Armored Cavalry, an advantage anyone familiar with FoG 2 will immediately recognize.

I'm sure there are other provincial units with neat surprises you only see during FoG 2 export. And those surprises make obtaining provincial units a lot more fun.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”