So units I like to be added in-game recruitment

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Bivox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

So units I like to be added in-game recruitment

Post by Bivox »

A little thing that annoys me that some region unit pools seems incomplete ( you can add the one you see not in-game). Gallic warband and noble Gallic forces while Gauls had good cavalry they were renowned for the ferocity of their infantry . Gaul infantry was used as heavy infantry by Hannibal their Noble counterpart and even superior armor and swords ( the Roman copied the Gauls swords) then Roman infantry.

Hellenic area should offer the recruitment of Hipolites ,( Hipolites and NOT heavy Infantry) even Alexander used Hipolites and elite Pelats on his flank of his army to protect the Phalanx Formation from flanking since they were more maneuvrable .

Siege engines like the Scorpio and Ballistae that gave Roman legions a great advantage they would punish the enemy charging the legions with piercing bolts. Also catapults that make siege easier and allow breaches in the wall. Armies should build siege engines and have a breach in the wall before being able to assault a fortress or a city.

Marine unites . Athens had A elite group of Hipolites and Swordman that specialized in naval and costal fortress fortress. So some elite unites that get bonuses for coastal attacks and disembarking attacks.

Women warriors units ? You had in the classic world culture that nurtured women warriors like the women Illyrian cavalry and Samaritan ( tribes in ukrain) and were master of the bow and spear. Women noblewomen and tribewomen were head of armies and general .

I would like to see a larger mercenary pools . Carthage used Gallatians Swordman ( also ptolemic Egypt attracted those professional swordman) and also Greek mercenaries like Hipolites and Creatien Bowmen and Gallic infantry. Maybe add a tier 2 and 3 mercenary building with new mercenary addition
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: So units I like to be added in-game recruitment

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Bivox wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 am A little thing that annoys me that some region unit pools seems incomplete ( you can add the one you see not in-game). Gallic warband and noble Gallic forces while Gauls had good cavalry they were renowned for the ferocity of their infantry . Gaul infantry was used as heavy infantry by Hannibal their Noble counterpart and even superior armor and swords ( the Roman copied the Gauls swords) then Roman infantry.

Hellenic area should offer the recruitment of Hipolites ,( Hipolites and NOT heavy Infantry) even Alexander used Hipolites and elite Pelats on his flank of his army to protect the Phalanx Formation from flanking since they were more maneuvrable .

Siege engines like the Scorpio and Ballistae that gave Roman legions a great advantage they would punish the enemy charging the legions with piercing bolts. Also catapults that make siege easier and allow breaches in the wall. Armies should build siege engines and have a breach in the wall before being able to assault a fortress or a city.

Marine unites . Athens had A elite group of Hipolites and Swordman that specialized in naval and costal fortress fortress. So some elite unites that get bonuses for coastal attacks and disembarking attacks.

Women warriors units ? You had in the classic world culture that nurtured women warriors like the women Illyrian cavalry and Samaritan ( tribes in ukrain) and were master of the bow and spear. Women noblewomen and tribewomen were head of armies and general .

I would like to see a larger mercenary pools . Carthage used Gallatians Swordman ( also ptolemic Egypt attracted those professional swordman) and also Greek mercenaries like Hipolites and Creatien Bowmen and Gallic infantry. Maybe add a tier 2 and 3 mercenary building with new mercenary addition
I think most of the troops you mention would be too small in numbers to be represented as an actual unit in game or could be presumed to be sprinkled within the regular units. I’m not aware of any ancient ballista etc being able to make breaches in stone walls, weren’t they more of a suppression weapon to keep defenders heads down?
Bivox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: So units I like to be added in-game recruitment

Post by Bivox »

Yes Ballistae and Scorpio are for enemy soldiers while catapult me and Oregon are for fortification.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”