Legacy and Elephants

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Jagger2002
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Legacy and Elephants

Post by Jagger2002 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm

- In Patch 1.04, it states that "Regions have 4 steps in culture generating Legacy". What exactly does that mean? I assumed it meant that a region would generate extra legacy as culture topped certain levels with a max of 4 or 5 legacy per region. However I am only seeing 1 legacy point generated per region over 1000 culture regardless of total legacy accumulated.

So I am wondering exactly what is meant by 4 steps in culture generating legacy.

- In a MP game, I had a Ptolomy army of 51 units totaling close to 300 power besieging a town on a mountain at Comana. In the army were 3 elephant units.

Then, the Epirus army attacked my besieging army in harsh weather. Unfortunately, my 3 elephants, out of 51 units available, were amongst the 5 units assigned to the front line. Considering their -1 penalty for hating cold and -2 for clumsy in mountains and low defense values, they fought with a 0 combat rating and two of the three were easily destroyed in the first round of battle..and almost lost the battle for me. Any of my other 48 units would have performed better than the elephants in a mountain front line defense.

So The Committee for Ethical Treatment of Elephants suggests that elephants should be the absolute last units to be assigned to the front line in a mountain top battle if other units are available.

Fieswurst
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Legacy and Elephants

Post by Fieswurst » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 am

Poor elephants... but its great they have their own Committee😂 hopefully they get a say in one of the next patches...

kokkorhekkus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kokkorhekkus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:53 am

for legacy : 1 for 1OOO, 2 for 5000, 3 for 15OOO...after i don't know ! for elephants : viva field of glory II :D

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:48 am

for legacy : 1 for 1OOO, 2 for 5000, 3 for 15OOO...after i don't know ! for elephants : viva field of glory II
Thanks! Checked in another game and yes, that looks about right.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”