So, what level of difficulty are folks playing at?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MarkShot
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

So, what level of difficulty are folks playing at?

Post by MarkShot » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

20% through my first game playing on EXPERIENCED(+1) as Rome. Although I am getting a sense that it is probably too easy. I have to admit that when frontage or terrain do not favor my Roman army, then I export to FOG2 and fight it out at LEGATE(+1) ... this is a bit of an exploit. But still I so far haven't found the game too difficult or the AI overly aggressive (meaning Empires) when compared to RTW1/RTW2 or EU4.

So, I am curious at what level you are playing at and why?

Thanks!

Yarev
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: So, what level of difficulty are folks playing at?

Post by Yarev » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:48 pm

for me i start at lev 3 diff because the early/mid game is a bit difficult but then i change the settings to a more difficult depends who I play

Gray Fox
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Gray Fox » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 am

Experienced.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players

Simonas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Simonas » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:20 am

Experienced.

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:57 am

At EXPERIENCED, so far, I have found the AI not to be aggressive.

I remember RTW1, the rule was we share a border, I must declare war on you.

In some ways, it did model Roman history as the Romans were always distrustful of their neighbors. What's the best way to deal with "border anxiety"? Invade them. The problem is until you reach the sea, you run new neighbors and anxiety creating neighbors! :)

Faultierasai
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Faultierasai » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:24 pm

i play on suicide, but it is to easy. I´m looking for opponents.

Vadim84
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vadim84 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 am

After a hiatus of several months, I restarted with Egypt on difficult.

Game improved a lot, still not really understanding how money is tracked (says +20 next turn, got +1, says -10, got another value etc) but differential is minimal, and thus did not impact my playthrough.
Really enjoying the new diplomatic options, it brings a lot. Also the objective mechanism has improved. Noticed that IA isnt that aggressive, only two declarations of war against me (+ some against my allies) in 130/150 years.

The only thing I can really complain about is that Makedonia doesnt really recruit phalange, I had a war with them, Makedonia was mostly a naval power so it was basically on sea(all good, was fun) but the few land battles where Pto Phalanges against Make mix armies of hoplites and thracian-type units. Maybe 2 Phalange maximum whereas they are supposed to be the "national unit", so to speak. Frustrating but well, not turning me off.

Had some difficulties with curving decadence for the first few decades but once I solved this I started to get the lead. Now mid-game, empire, lots of resources and can pretty much crash any big power if I decide to go full steam against my opponent. Will wait for the jewish revolt event, destroy or reduce Rome + what s left from Makedonia and will probably call it a day.

Next could be Rome on difficult or Dacia (difficult or exp. level).

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”