Venetia can't be successfully attacked

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Pectus2
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Venetia can't be successfully attacked

Post by Pectus2 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:51 pm

I am playing successfully as Etrusker and have Venetia surrounded from all sides and the Sea.
When I attack the Boii in Venetia (there only province) I can not even harm any of the defenders. Even when I attack from all sides with the maximum of troops the surrounding provinces can support and additionally from the Sea. My attacking armies are hand selected for swamp warfare but I can not even harm any of the defenders. I play on difficulty easy! I am almost the biggest empire on the map and can not subdue the tiny tribe of Boii with any effort or trick? What is wrong here?

Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Venetia can't be successfully attacked

Post by Morbio » Thu May 14, 2020 2:25 pm

I'd need to see specific details of the region and armies to comment.

Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Venetia can't be successfully attacked

Post by Will_L » Wed May 20, 2020 11:53 pm

If you attack when the swamp is frozen with lots of Italian Foot (Medium Infantry) and skirmishers rather than heavy infantry and cavalry then your forces should acquit themselves well. Keep at it, if you use multiple armies then stagger them so they arrive separately from an adjacent region and from a region one space further away.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”